Ask Mike Edge A Question

Mike

- What's your own discover XF story?
- what do you most enjoy about hosting - the tech or the humans?
- how often do you get rousted out of sleep for an emergency?
- Support work is tough so what kind of experiences built the skill of doing your client support work?
- what is your ideal client like?
- what kinds of things make a client more difficult to deal with?
- why hosting or whatever and not some other area of IT?
- what do you think about certain governments who are trying to make hosts do police work by naking it compulsory to keep archives of all transactions on their servers for two years?
- who are your mentors and inspirations?
- what areas of skill would you personally like to go into over the next few years?
- do you think it's all going to go mobile? is the desktop or even laptop going to go extinct?
- what would you love to do one day when the business is hugely successful and you could do something just for you?

That's easy - I'm his ideal client (I actually host my new drone site with him).....

Someday someone will want to interview me. After all, how many people can claim their web site has been profitable since 1996?
;)
And, my google adsense counter just went up to.......well, you'd need to interview me to get that one!

Mike

- What's your own discover XF story?
- what do you most enjoy about hosting - the tech or the humans?
- how often do you get rousted out of sleep for an emergency?
- Support work is tough so what kind of experiences built the skill of doing your client support work?
- what is your ideal client like?
- what kinds of things make a client more difficult to deal with?
- why hosting or whatever and not some other area of IT?
- what do you think about certain governments who are trying to make hosts do police work by naking it compulsory to keep archives of all transactions on their servers for two years?
- who are your mentors and inspirations?
- what areas of skill would you personally like to go into over the next few years?
- do you think it's all going to go mobile? is the desktop or even laptop going to go extinct?
- what would you love to do one day when the business is hugely successful and you could do something just for you?
Thank you for all the questions Morgain!

- What advice would you give to someone starting out thinking of starting up a hosting company themselves?
- Does host a vast array of people make it difficult to go on vacation due to potential problems?
- Can running hosts affect real life, disrupt your day to day stuff? (it's prity much the same question as Morgain threw at you)
- Do you enjoy Bacon? :D
- What is the toughest challenge you've encountered with regards to hosting issue you had with a customer?
- What are your future goals for your hosting business? (Expansion etc).
- What Mistakes do you see other hosting company's make that you absolutely ensure you get right?

Last question: What would you tell your customers if your server packed up, transformed into a rocket ship and blasted off into space considering at that point your clients sites would be down? :D

• Why XenForo?
  • Why cPanel and not DirectAdmin or any other alternative?
  • What made you go into hosting?
  • Why no VPS?
  • When you're offline, what do you do during your free time?
  • What was your first website and do you still own it? If not, why?
  • What are you thoughts about our current freedoms in America and where they are going?
  • What if your favorite operating system (OS)?
  • What do you do for a living?
  • If you had the God like power to change 1 thing in the world, what would it be?

• Why XenForo?
  • Why cPanel and not DirectAdmin or any other alternative?
  • What made you go into hosting?
  • Why no VPS?
  • When you're offline, what do you do during your free time?
  • What was your first website and do you still own it? If not, why?
  • What are you thoughts about our current freedoms in America and where they are going?
  • What if your favorite operating system (OS)?
  • What do you do for a living?
  • If you the God like power to change 1 thing in the world, what would it be?

Thanks Adam these will help a lot :D

Top Bottom