What are you?

• I'm a Mac

Votes: 36 27.9%
  • I'm a PC

Votes: 64 49.6%
  • I'm both

Votes: 29 22.5%

• Total voters
I have to do a little rant before answering this poll here. Am I the only one with the problem of the use of the word "PC"? Macs, Linux, and Windows are all under the umbrella term "PC" because they are all personal computers. That's just one of the little things that bug me these days.

But anyway, I'm a genuine Windows user. I have, on several occasions, used Ubuntu on my laptop just because I want to keep expanding my knowledge of Linux in general, but in the end I go back to putting XP back on it. 

oh I guess I should chime in too.

1990 - 2000 : Mac
2000 - 2009 : Windows
2009 - 2010 : Linux
2010 - present : Mac

I was a die hard mac boy back in the day. But the OS X switch was really awful for Mac users at the time. Plus PCs were better for games so I switched. Then my hypochondria about Windows security got the better of me so I went to Linux. Then I switched back to Mac recently only because of the Mac mini's low power consumption (I wanted a low power computer).

All other considerations aside, the classic Mac OS is still my favorite operating system to use. For years I have been searching for a Mac OS 9 skin for OS X but it doesn't exist. I prefer utilitarian GUIs.

I'm a jack-of-all-trades. I use Windows 7 for my netbook & desktop (for gaming), I use my macbook laptop for web design & graphics design and I use ubuntu on my desktop for everyday browsing and such.

I'm a PC girl all the way. I had to use Mac at my old job as a graphics artist
for the newspaper and I couldn't get use to it no matter how hard I tried.

I just found the specials on the mac site, where they resell refurbished equipment at a cheaper price... for anyone who wants to get into mac a bit cheaper. These are normally new / returned equipment that failed, then they completely revamp it to new, give it a new 12 month warranty and optional apple care warranty, and resell. If you break an iphone for example, you take it in, pay a set fee regardless the damage (if out of warranty) and get a refurbished one really cheap. The same goes with most apple equipment... very ingenius idea.

I didn't know they also sold them via the online store... surplus stuff. You can get the new icore in notebooks and imacs cheaper... and you really are buying pretty much a new computer still.

Australia: http://store.apple.com/au/browse/home/specialdeals/mac
US: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

Anyone got any idea what anti-virus/ spyware program i should use with my iMac? I know it's probably not needed, but i get paranoid without one.

Norton is out of the question. It is one of the most worst ones out there. It is very resource intensive.
If you have any sugestions, i would appreciate it.

Anyone got any idea what anti-virus/ spyware program i should use with my iMac? I know it's probably not needed, but i get paranoid without one.

Norton is out of the question. It is one of the most worst ones out there. It is very resource intensive.
If you have any sugestions, i would appreciate it.
I'm using the free and open source ClamXav. But if you keep OS X up-to-date, you'll cover most of the problems, since Apple also makes sure it is protected against existing/known virusses.

I'm using the free and open source ClamXav. But if you keep OS X up-to-date, you'll cover most of the problems, since Apple also makes sure it is protected against existing/known virusses.

Thanks for the info. I will check it out and install it to give me a peice of mind. I just feel panic when i don't have one. It's a scary cyber world out there.

Run this on the three systems today, after having never really scanned any. It found 0 issues. So all good.

Top Bottom