1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you a Mac or a PC?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Lucas, Sep 13, 2010.

?

What are you?

1. I'm a Mac

35 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. I'm a PC

64 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. I'm both

29 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

I wanted to know, I've recently made the switch from PC to Mac and I'm quiet happy with the results, system and software availability. It is not a thread to compare what's better, I nicely ask you to avoid that type of conversation. I just would like to know, what are you? And why do you like that? You can be both. :)

PC would also include Linux distributions for those Linux fans.

Rock on!

2. Brandon_R

Brandon_R Guest

I'm a personal conversation.

3. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

I'm on a Mac with Boot Camp so running both OS X and W7. Rarely use Windows though.

4. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I chose mac... as we are in the process of fully converting away from PC's to macs... and the more I use it the more I like my choice. Still learning the mac ways... but definitely mac.

5. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

Just changed to Mac after using PC's for about 25 years, doing seat management and Windows network administration and Application development for about 10-15.
    Very happy, much more productive and applications like DevonThink are just the icing on the cake :).

Windows 7 is the best OS Microsoft has ever produced, but OSX is better, at least for Susan and myself. When I need something on the PC side it's right there in parallels anyway, or if I need a pure MS environment I can always reboot into XP via bootcamp. The # of times I do that is very, VERY small though ;)

HydraulicJack and dutchbb like this.
  6. pk698

pk698 Active Member

currently PC, but looking to go Mac soon. Just wish they weren't so hideously expensive - compared to a pc.

7. Lawrence

Lawrence Well-Known Member

Have never used a Mac.

I use a PC, but in my heart I'm the option not listed: Amiga, :cool:

8. Jethro

Jethro Well-Known Member

Pfft bit of a newbie there Lawrence, what about the PET!

9. Anthony Parsons

I would love to be buying them at US prices... that's for sure.
    • 21.5" US$1199 starting
    • 21.5" AUD$1599 starting
    • 27" US$1699 starting
    • 27" AUD$2199 starting
    Go work that out with exchange rates around $0.92 then the starting difference of $400 between 21.5" vs. $500 for 27". Sux... massively.

10. Tigratrus

Tigratrus Well-Known Member

Timex Sinclair 1000 all the way! ;)

11. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Well-Known Member

I'm a Mac guy. I never really made the switch until college, but since then I just can't go back to the PC. For the 1 application I use that is PC only (and rarely use) I have VmWare ( which also works great for running Ubuntu).

12. Lucas

Lucas Well-Known Member

Indeed, but if you save up, patiently, they are well worth the money. :)

dutchbb likes this.
  13. Dismal Shadow

Dismal Shadow Active Member

I am all three one which is not listed...Ubuntu 10.10. I am a Mac user with both OS installed VMware Fusion

14. Cristian Haro

Cristian Haro Member

I use PC, Windows 7 rocks. But that´s my desktop. I´ll buy a laptop, and it will be a Macbook 13".
    Desktop PC, Laptop Macbook.

15. Floris

Floris Guest

I've moved to PC when Win95 came out. And I move away from PC to Mac in 2005.

16. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

PC, too much software investment at the moment to move, but I will be looking at a Mac when I decide to upgrade my Creative Suite 3 - right now I can't justify the upgrade fee of over $1000 here in Australia...

*Sympathises with Anthony* geez we get ripped off down here, both software and hardware are much more expensive!

17. cornishman

cornishman Active Member

After too many years of PC I moved my main work machine to Mac about four or so years ago. Ain't looked back!
    Simple case of 'love at first sight'
    p.s. I shamefully admit to still running my favourite editor under Parallels (RapidPHP/CSS)

18. Floris

Floris Guest

I have spend years upgrading my PC software and investing in additional hardware to attempt to keep things running snappy and have new versions.

I was surprised how much less software costs for the mac and that years later you still have a snappy fast machine, and upgrades are usually free, if the software isn't free itself. I might have spend more on a mac than on a pc initially, but just for the software I've earned it back, compared to an equal amount of windows years before that.

Someone start a photoshop clone that's equally good and basically a rip off of photoshop, and sell it for $300, I will buy it. I was broke after investing into an upgrade for photoshop cs5.

19. Anthony Parsons

If you have purchased Windows software previously, and have receipt, and they make a mac version of the same, then you can contact the software provider and tell them you have changed to mac and they will send you the mac version. I did it for fireworks and some others via Adobe.

It is a ripoff though... as our new imacs are costing $3700 each here... for the i7 27" 4gb 1Tb 1Gb 3D... and in the US they are $2200. The mods is where they really begin to pull apart in price difference, which really ****s me then.
    Add lots more too... our X3 M pack sport here costs the same as what we could buy a brand new 7 series in the US. Not even close to comparable with the currency exchange. Work that one out!!! "Bangs head on wall"

20. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member

Neither nor.
    I'm a human :)

ChrisR likes this.