What are you?

• I'm a Mac

Votes: 36 27.9%
  • I'm a PC

Votes: 64 49.6%
  • I'm both

Votes: 29 22.5%

• Total voters
The stats in the poll are not accurate of course. Even if there are 10 votes for Mac and 5 votes for PC.
It's quite possible every household has average of 2 Macs, vs perhaps 5 PCs. If that makes any sense :p.

I have 1 PC at home running Ubuntu Server
1 Laptop, MAC Powerbook
1 workstation, MAC iMac
1 server, MAC MacPro

1:3.

I am sure there are families who have 2 laptops, 3 systems, ..

Yeah the poll should be 'what do you use most frequently?'.
Agree.
I've a MacBook but I mostly use the PC.
Would call myself a PC person if I'm forced to choose because that's what I'm most familiar with these days. But I like the Mac as well.

/SK

I have always used Windows PC's and laptops until a couple of months ago when I bought a Macbook pro (I actually got it because it looked pretty...yeah, i'm such a girl) but now I love it and would never want to go back to a Windows based computer. My boyfriend jokes that i've turned into one of these Apple snobs, but really - once you go Mac, you never go back! ;)

oh come on, why has no one posted this yet. :p

linux2.webp

Sitting here on mac laughing how fast it is compared to any PC used to date. Today a little upgrade by purchasing the Time Machine, which now gives me true n wireless speeds... impressive stuff. Only downside, time machine can't be partitioned... will have to live with folders. Looking forward to n wireless though with n imac...

I'm a mac guy - I use a Mac Pros in work and an iMac at home. This week I bought a mac mini server for my team in work too - lots of really great features though it seem nobody knows how the heck to use them. Apple's documentation is very pretty but generally useless.

I have always been a PC person. I always thought i would be a PC person. Until 60 days ago when i started having hardware issues with my PC. So i fixed it, then another issue. At that time i decided it was time for a change and i did not want to dump anymore into maintaining my PC.

So with a little bit of research, i wound up getting me a iMac 27" i7. There was already a lot of software that came with it, i just needed to make a few more purchases for it and i would be set. Needless to say, 1 week later and i am extremely happy with my choice.

Not only does it boot up faster, but all the apps run so much faster. Plus they don't take up near as much room on the hard drive as PC apps do. Now i am saving up to get me a macbook pro. I run in pairs. A desktop unit for my office, and a laptop for mobility. So i must have both.

I am also surprised on how well the iMac handles a parallel to W7 64bit without even a fuss. And it runs it so well too. I can have multiple apps running in the Mac, and still have the W7 instance open and running without a problem at all.

Needless to say, i wish i would have made this move a long time ago. I was just afraid it would not work out.

Very familiar story iGamer. The good thing about the speed is that it's still there after 2 years. And the stability, not having to worry about malware... I've been working with PC's over a decade, now almost 2 years Mac and never want to go back.

PC, I've tried Mac but at this time I really don't have the time to try and learn the in and outs of Mac so I'm stuck with Windows 7 for now.

Very familiar story iGamer. The good thing about the speed is that it's still there after 2 years. And the stability, not having to worry about malware... I've been working with PC's over a decade, now 2 years Mac and never want to go back.

Yeah, i just still can't believe i did not make the switch though. Just goes to show how stubborn we can be when we get used to doing and using things one way, but the reality of it is that the switch was not that difficult. Other than learning some new keys, and shortcuts, that was about it. It was a no brainer. I mean anyone can use this and not have a problem.

I hope not to have to upgrade in more than 2 years. lol. Well maybe add some more ram since i only got it with 4GB. Maybe 16GB? lol...

Top Bottom