What are you?

• I'm a Mac

Votes: 36 27.9%
  • I'm a PC

Votes: 64 49.6%
  • I'm both

Votes: 29 22.5%

• Total voters
I am both. Love me windows also love me mac. But i have seen my self using windows. as my mac does not like external screens make all gray look yellow :(

So is this a Windows vs. MacOS thread?

I mean it's all x86 nowadays isn't it :p
Some of us are both, remember?

Honestly, if all my software was mac compatible  I would be just on a mac but it isn't so I dual boot. I have nothing against PC's but I prefer mac's. A really GOOD PC is one you build yourself so you know what is under the "hood". 

Liz 

So is this a Windows vs. MacOS thread?

I mean it's all x86 nowadays isn't it :p
Yeah, I guess, I'm not going to play though... I'm operating system agnostic. Computers are a productivity tool and as long is can accomplish what I need to do, I don't care what the OS is.

The poll says that most of the guys use PC, but the most Mac people reply to this thread :D

Result:
Mac's are the more social people :)

(I'm a PC guy btw, I'm thinking of getting my next laptop a mac)

The poll says that most of the guys use PC, but the most Mac people reply to this thread :D

Result:
Mac's are the more social people :)

(I'm a PC guy btw, I'm thinking of getting my next laptop a mac)
Actually if you add the both and mac together, the results are closer to equal. 21 macs/both to 26 pc's. 

Been running OSX on my pc for the last 2 months and loving it. Took alot of work and reading of hackintosh forums to get it running perfectly. Biggest problem i had was getting my 5850 to work at a proper resolutuon. I duel boot with Windows 7.

If i bought a quadcore Mac i would have spent thousands, compared to building it myself.

Tried to edit my post but page keeps timing out, i browser the rest of the board its fine. I then come back and click edit and the browser times out again hehe.

**Dual

I despise my local Apple store, I went in for an issue on my iphone and from the beginning the gal was obnoxious and rude. Basically my iphone froze up and I could not turn it off, tried holding the buttons down to power down and had no luck. Her response came off as if the iphone is perfect and so are Macs(at least the vibe I got from her). Luckily.... when she checked me in at one of the stations the computer froze up and had to be rebooted :).

I'm a PC and I'm happy, I've had no reason to switch over yet so why spend the money. Possibly next computer I buy could potentially be a Mac, time will tell!

I despise my local Apple store, I went in for an issue on my iphone and from the beginning the gal was obnoxious and rude. Basically my iphone froze up and I could not turn it off, tried holding the buttons down to power down and had no luck. Her response came off as if the iphone is perfect and so are Macs(at least the vibe I got from her). Luckily.... when she checked me in at one of the stations the computer froze up and had to be rebooted :).

I'm a PC and I'm happy, I've had no reason to switch over yet so why spend the money. Possibly next computer I buy could potentially be a Mac, time will tell!
There's no such thing as perfection, just what you like the most. Try it, don't guide yourself by fanboys. :) Specially when they don't seem to even know their companies hardware/software. :P

You should really consider asking for the manager in such a case (if she really doesn't help you out). This person gives Apple and that store a bad reputation. You're already talking about it on forums, the behavior of this one person can have an impact on hundreds while there may be no real reason to.

I've a Mac with Windows 7 on boot camp.

Most of my time is spent in Mac OS.

But I can't say I favour one over the other, they both have good points.

You should really consider asking for the manager in such a case (if she really doesn't help you out). This person gives Apple and that store a bad reputation. You're already talking about it on forums, the behavior of this one person can have an impact on hundreds while there may be no real reason to.

She wasn't the one helping me out, but she was a floor rep who checked people in and answered general questions. The help I obtained from the guys behind the desk was much better.

I ran my first ever game on the mac yesterday... the latest Starcraft. On a new business imac, i3 4Gb RAM and 256Mb graphics, the game runs full screen flawlessly. Loaded the same game on my quad core, 4gb RAM, SSD and 1GB graphics with Win7... played, but at full screen the resolution could not match that of the mac and it still jumped at times on the Win7. Mac OSX... amazingly smooth. Can't believe how much better it plays on the mac system with lesser specs than my main Win7 system.

Apple get some amazing performance from their system... so I guess I am seeing more and more value from these.

Top Bottom