• I'm a Mac

Votes: 36 27.9%
  • I'm a PC

Votes: 64 49.6%
  • I'm both

Votes: 29 22.5%

• Total voters

Lucas

I wanted to know, I've recently made the switch from PC to Mac and I'm quiet happy with the results, system and software availability. It is not a thread to compare what's better, I nicely ask you to avoid that type of conversation. I just would like to know, what are you? And why do you like that? You can be both. :)

PC would also include Linux distributions for those Linux fans.

Rock on!

I chose mac... as we are in the process of fully converting away from PC's to macs... and the more I use it the more I like my choice. Still learning the mac ways... but definitely mac.

Just changed to Mac after using PC's for about 25 years, doing seat management and Windows network administration and Application development for about 10-15.
Very happy, much more productive and applications like DevonThink are just the icing on the cake :).

Windows 7 is the best OS Microsoft has ever produced, but OSX is better, at least for Susan and myself. When I need something on the PC side it's right there in parallels anyway, or if I need a pure MS environment I can always reboot into XP via bootcamp. The # of times I do that is very, VERY small though ;)

I would love to be buying them at US prices... that's for sure.
  • 21.5" US$1199 starting
  • 21.5" AUD$1599 starting
  • 27" US$1699 starting
  • 27" AUD$2199 starting
Go work that out with exchange rates around $0.92 then the starting difference of $400 between 21.5" vs. $500 for 27". Sux... massively.

I'm a Mac guy. I never really made the switch until college, but since then I just can't go back to the PC. For the 1 application I use that is PC only (and rarely use) I have VmWare ( which also works great for running Ubuntu).

I would love to be buying them at US prices... that's for sure.
  • 21.5" US$1199 starting
  • 21.5" AUD$1599 starting
  • 27" US$1699 starting
  • 27" AUD$2199 starting
Go work that out with exchange rates around $0.92 then the starting difference of $400 between 21.5" vs. $500 for 27". Sux... massively.
Indeed, but if you save up, patiently, they are well worth the money. :)

PC, too much software investment at the moment to move, but I will be looking at a Mac when I decide to upgrade my Creative Suite 3 - right now I can't justify the upgrade fee of over $1000 here in Australia...

*Sympathises with Anthony* geez we get ripped off down here, both software and hardware are much more expensive!

After too many years of PC I moved my main work machine to Mac about four or so years ago. Ain't looked back!
Simple case of 'love at first sight'
p.s. I shamefully admit to still running my favourite editor under Parallels (RapidPHP/CSS)

I have spend years upgrading my PC software and investing in additional hardware to attempt to keep things running snappy and have new versions.

I was surprised how much less software costs for the mac and that years later you still have a snappy fast machine, and upgrades are usually free, if the software isn't free itself. I might have spend more on a mac than on a pc initially, but just for the software I've earned it back, compared to an equal amount of windows years before that.

Someone start a photoshop clone that's equally good and basically a rip off of photoshop, and sell it for $300, I will buy it. I was broke after investing into an upgrade for photoshop cs5.

PC, too much software investment at the moment to move...
If you have purchased Windows software previously, and have receipt, and they make a mac version of the same, then you can contact the software provider and tell them you have changed to mac and they will send you the mac version. I did it for fireworks and some others via Adobe.

It is a ripoff though... as our new imacs are costing $3700 each here... for the i7 27" 4gb 1Tb 1Gb 3D... and in the US they are $2200. The mods is where they really begin to pull apart in price difference, which really ****s me then.
*Sympathises with Anthony* geez we get ripped off down here, both software and hardware are much more expensive!
Add lots more too... our X3 M pack sport here costs the same as what we could buy a brand new 7 series in the US. Not even close to comparable with the currency exchange. Work that one out!!! "Bangs head on wall"

Top Bottom