[AP] Style Suite

[AP] Style Suite [Paid] 2.11.9

No permission to buy (€15.00)
would it be possible to add the ability for users to add an background image. I was able to do it using css but I dont want users to do any coding on my site. It is just easier to have them use an url link for a background image.
So do you think it is possible for you to add 2 functions. Add a background image by uploading
and add a background image by url link. Have these be permission based so you can choose which group is allowed this. Also have the background image be responsive.
Screenshot 2023-12-05 103836.webp

Code I am using to get the background image.

Code:
/* Responsive Full Background Image Using CSS
 * Tutorial URL: http://sixrevisions.com/css/responsive-background-image/
*/
body {
  /* Location of the image */
  background-image: url(https://user.oo5dynasty.com/data/assets/img/background-photo.jpg);

/* Image is centered vertically and horizontally at all times */
  background-position: center center;

/* Image doesn't repeat */
  background-repeat: no-repeat;

/* Makes the image fixed in the viewport so that it doesn't move when
     the content height is greater than the image height */
  background-attachment: fixed;

/* This is what makes the background image rescale based on its container's size */
  background-size: cover;

/* Pick a solid background color that will be displayed while the background image is loading */
  background-color:#464646;

/* SHORTHAND CSS NOTATION
   * background: url(background-photo.jpg) center center cover no-repeat fixed;
   */
}

/* For mobile devices */
@media only screen and (max-width: 767px) {
  body {
    /* The file size of this background image is 93% smaller
     * to improve page load speed on mobile internet connections */
    background-image: url(https://user.oo5dynasty.com/data/assets/img/background-photo-mobile-devices.jpg);
  }
    }

I am not good with coding, so I do not know if what I used is the correct way lol.
So I hope you can help out.000000.webp

@oO5 Dynasty the current version has the ability to A) choose a BG color, B) link to an image URL.
They're both controlled by the same permission: "[Profile] Change page background".

The addon is in maintenance mode ATM (bug-fixes only), however once XF2.3 is out I'll take a look into allowing uploading for each "background" type field, so that we can benefit from the new WebP support.

@oO5 Dynasty the current version has the ability to A) choose a BG color, B) link to an image URL.
They're both controlled by the same permission: "[Profile] Change page background".

The addon is in maintenance mode ATM (bug-fixes only), however once XF2.3 is out I'll take a look into allowing uploading for each "background" type field, so that we can benefit from the new WebP support.

This add on sounds nice @apathy -- is it available for purchase?

@oO5 Dynasty hope you've been well man!

it is on my site (fortreeforums.xyz) yes - do note however i've not been able to test against the ACE theme because TH never emailed me the coupon code to get it free after i subbed to their newsletter

The free coupon code is available from their site:

They never made started charging for the theme, and they've actively updated it throughout all of XF"s upgrades.

1701916907984.webp

If you do test, thank you!

Hey for the username Icons, can we change the font awesome library to an image library that we can upload ourselves? If users can upload their own image, I think we should too, so they can choose from us

The free coupon code is available from their site:

They never made started charging for the theme, and they've actively updated it throughout all of XF"s upgrades.

If you do test, thank you!
Sorry for only getting around to this now, but I've finally done a test. There were a couple of small incompatibilities which I've listed below

I would rather not look at Profile styles until after XF2.3 is out because I'm wondering if it'll allow me to implement them in a more elegant manner.

The tooltip style bug should be a simple matter of adding the correct class names to the tooltip styles less template so I'll include it in the next update

I'm unsure of what a good solution for the username bug would be right now, but it wouldn't be more than a little bit of CSS needed anyway.

Hey for the username Icons, can we change the font awesome library to an image library that we can upload ourselves? If users can upload their own image, I think we should too, so they can choose from us

Would this behave similarly to the "Postbit preset" assets? I think that'd be a good addition, but it won't be for a while.

Trying to purchase this. Registered on your forums but I'm not receiving confirmation emails.

Do the necessary please.

Trying to purchase this. Registered on your forums but I'm not receiving confirmation emails.

Do the necessary please.
I don't get e-mails from his forum either sometimes. I suggest logging on to it, and just check for updates. @apathy is really nice, and very helpful. :)

I don't get e-mails from his forum either sometimes. I suggest logging on to it, and just check for updates. @apathy is really nice, and very helpful. :)
Tried multiple times to resend confirmation email. If he has issues with email delivery it may be better to disable email confirmation. It's impossible to purchase without confirming my account.

Tried multiple times to resend confirmation email. If he has issues with email delivery it may be better to disable email confirmation. It's impossible to purchase without confirming my account.
Gotcha. My bad. I say try PMing him here on the official forums....

Top Bottom