[AP] Style Suite

[AP] Style Suite [Paid] 2.11.10

No permission to buy (€15.00)
I can set them all to enabled in the next update.
Can you send me a link to your profile with the affected icon?
Okay awesome! Oh, I found a server error:

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Cannot call method getIconUrl on a non-object (array) src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1177
Generated by: Draconis Vex Aug 9, 2023 at 4:34 AM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/var/www/vhosts...', 1177)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1177): trigger_error('Cannot call met...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/ap_ss_user_style_preview_macros.php(165): XF\Template\Templater->method(Array, 'getIconUrl', Array)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(825): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\ZodiacSigns\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#4 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/ap_ss_user_style_preview_username.php(17): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('ap_ss_user_styl...', 'icon_preview', Array, Array)
#5 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\ZodiacSigns\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1681): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('ap_ss_user_styl...', Array)
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/ap_ss_user_style_settings_username.php(32): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:ap_ss_us...', Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\ZodiacSigns\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1681): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('ap_ss_user_styl...', Array)
#10 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s3/public/ap_ss_user_style_settings_wrapper.php(127): XF\Template\Templater->includeTemplate('public:ap_ss_us...', Array)
#11 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1652): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(X0815\ZodiacSigns\XF\Template\Templater), Array, NULL)
#12 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('ap_ss_user_styl...', Array)
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('apathy\\StyleSui...', 'public:ap_ss_us...', Array)
#15 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#16 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#17 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#18 src/XF/App.php(2483): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#19 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#20 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#21 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(24) "/account/style-settings/"
  ["referrer"] => string(48) "https://bloodofsouls.com/account/style-settings/"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["/account/style-settings/"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

If you still need to look at my forum, let me know and I'll make you an account. It is a private site. :)

I've been testing the latest version now that I was able to get it installed. :) I found a couple of issues besides the icon upload: The "live" preview doesn't work for Custom titles, Postbit styles (color does work there), Post styles, or Username styles. The others work great.

Also, the Postbit and Post style groups don't correctly show anything in the preview IF a background is already set (i.e., it shows no background).

And lastly, the live preview for Post styles doesn't work when you select underline, bold, italic, or font family. The other settings, such as color, work.

*edit Oh yes, on Tooltip styles, I'm curious why there's an "Edit Profile Banner" setting? This setting is already under UserCP -- Account Details (I don't recall if this is from another add on). lol

It's an awesome plugin, and I really appreciate your ceaseless efforts! :D

@apathy

Last edited:
@zoldos unfortunately I can't reproduce any of these live preview issues... the only* change to them in the last few months is that the JS files we ship are now minified (this was done in 2.11.2), so I'd double check to make sure theres A) no out-dated templates B) the *.min.js files exist in your js/apathy/StyleSuite/core directory.

As for the "edit profile banner" setting, that's there more for convenience than anything else. On the Custom Title & Username pages there's also a little notepad icon next to the preview text so you can quickly change your title / username from that page, without needing to navigate back to your main Account Details page

* tooltip styles are loaded differently (its loaded if a username/avatar is present on the page, so it's not getting loaded in your Help page needlessly for instance) but the code itself is still the same

It looks like all the files are current. I have my FTP program set to always overwrite when uploading.
I did get this in my Chrome console:

Code:
Util.js:1    Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
61.jpg:1     Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found)
style-settings:1 [DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #sizeAuto: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input type="radio" name="postbitStyle[bg_size]" value="auto" id="sizeAuto"> <input type="radio" name="profileStyle[bg_size]" value="auto" id="sizeAuto">
style-settings:1 [DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #sizeContain: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input type="radio" name="postbitStyle[bg_size]" value="contain" id="sizeContain"> <input type="radio" name="profileStyle[bg_size]" value="contain" id="sizeContain">
style-settings:1 [DOM] Found 2 elements with non-unique id #sizeCover: (More info: https://goo.gl/9p2vKq) <input type="radio" name="postbitStyle[bg_size]" value="cover" checked="checked" id="sizeCover"> <input type="radio" name="profileStyle[bg_size]" value="cover" checked="checked" id="sizeCover">

Seems to be looking for the non-minified JS?

It looks like all the files are current. I have my FTP program set to always overwrite when uploading.
I did get this in my Chrome console:

Seems to be looking for the non-minified JS?
Good catch, looking at the templates the addon is still looking for the un-minified Util JS, but I've confirmed its correctly loading the minified style JS'.

Since it's been working for me on Fortree I'm not sure if changing it to load the min Util JS would fix your issues, but since it's a simple one line change it's deffo worth a shot:
ap_ss_user_style_settings_wrapper: <xf:js src="apathy/StyleSuite/core/Util.js" /> -> <xf:js src="apathy/StyleSuite/core/Util.min.js" />

I'll be including that change in the next update anyway, but do let me know if it fixes things for you

Good catch, looking at the templates the addon is still looking for the un-minified Util JS, but I've confirmed its correctly loading the minified style JS'.

Since it's been working for me on Fortree I'm not sure if changing it to load the min Util JS would fix your issues, but since it's a simple one line change it's deffo worth a shot:
ap_ss_user_style_settings_wrapper: <xf:js src="apathy/StyleSuite/core/Util.js" /> -> <xf:js src="apathy/StyleSuite/core/Util.min.js" />

I'll be including that change in the next update anyway, but do let me know if it fixes things for you
Thanks! I love debugging code. :)

And yes, that fixed it!! Great!! Thank you!

Do you need any additional info regarding the uploaded username icon issue?

@apathy I further tested the Postbit background issue. This is what I discovered: When navigating to "Post Style" and/or "Post Style", and the background image was from a Preset, it won't show up in the preview. If I change it to another Preset, it saves the setting, but upon refresh, it still doesn't show.

But, if the Postbit background was uploaded, it then shows up after hitting save, and the page refreshes. It will also now correctly display in the live preview.

I hope this helps!

Thanks! I love debugging code. :)

And yes, that fixed it!! Great!! Thank you!

Do you need any additional info regarding the uploaded username icon issue?
Brilliant, thats great to hear. I think I have the icon bug fixed (I couldnt trigger the error but I could see what was probably going wrong), so I can send you a build privately in a day or two before release to confirm it actually fixes it.
@apathy I further tested the Postbit background issue. This is what I discovered: When navigating to "Post Style" and/or "Post Style", and the background image was from a Preset, it won't show up in the preview. If I change it to another Preset, it saves the setting, but upon refresh, it still doesn't show.

But, if the Postbit background was uploaded, it then shows up after hitting save, and the page refreshes. It will also now correctly display in the live preview.

I hope this helps!
I'll investigate this later on today, with some luck I'll have a fix for this in the test-build for you as well.

What issues have you found? There were some server errors with new registrations and editing/deleting members in AdminCP. These have been fixed. Also, the uploaded icon not working (mentioned earlier in this thread) has been fixed as well.

But I'm still working with @apathy on some other stuff. :)

@ichpen next update will be sometime this week, just want to do one or two more rounds of testing. but it's active on fortree rn.
@zoldos I'm going to have to release it more or less as-is instead of getting that last bug with the previews, though I'll continue talking to you about it when I begin work on the following update. I'm temporarily set up in another room atm while work gets done in the house and it's a PITA typing even this out on such a little desk so I just wanna get this one out of the way and then I'll resume development once the work here is finished.

@ichpen next update will be sometime this week, just want to do one or two more rounds of testing. but it's active on fortree rn.
@zoldos I'm going to have to release it more or less as-is instead of getting that last bug with the previews, though I'll continue talking to you about it when I begin work on the following update. I'm temporarily set up in another room atm while work gets done in the house and it's a PITA typing even this out on such a little desk so I just wanna get this one out of the way and then I'll resume development once the work here is finished.

I'll hold off then. For some weird reason I still have random users showing up with font size 8 and font size =0 (yes blank replies) when logged in as admin.

Good deal. Still not sure about that bug either. Happens even on the default templates! But overall, and as I've said before, it's an awesome add-on and my members love it! :)

Thanks, let me know when available, I can always give it a spin.

apathy updated [AP] Style Suite with a new update entry:

• Templates are still looking for un-minified Util JS
  • Fix Cannot call method getIconUrl on a non-object (array)
  • Rename phrase IDs and option IDs for consistency
  • Set all assets to "enabled" by default during install
  • Generate animated glow stylesheets from regular style caches and deprecate glow caches
  • Fix unknown template ap_ss_profile_style.less

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey @apathy , after the last update. I get an error when I try to edit a user in the admin CP: I can confirm it's the style suite add-on as I disabled it and editing users worked again. Here is the error I get:

image_2023-09-02_145056128.png

Using the latest add-on. Running PHP 8.0.30, thanks!

Last edited:
Top Bottom