Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

As Mike left the team, looks like the team is falling apart.
Oh no... a long time developer/owner that is probably at a prime age decides to retire to pursue other interests... it's the end of EVERY company that has ever happened to I guess. </s>

But he doesn't speculate!
Yeah... guess you are supposed to work at one place up until the day you take your last breath... and then they get the wheel-barrow trundled in and haul your carcass off.
The portion I quoted (and the comment I made) succinctly points out the fallacy of certain parties position.

There are always going to be tradeoffs between different forum software vendors but the competition is continuing to make strides, including mobile versions for both Android and iOS while we see no changes on the horizon here. Maybe a different discussion but without moves to have a fully mobile app I don't see any future for forums, I know it's not easy to implement but the days of people browsing web discussions on desktops is becoming a thing of the past.

Maybe a different discussion but without moves to have a fully mobile app I don't see any future for forums
A mobile app makes no sense to me given how heavily customized my sites are with features and custom add-ons built on XF that can't be replicated with an app.

Really... Push notifications are all you need. Has apple implemented yet? It works wonderfully on Android.

Has apple implemented yet? It works wonderfully on Android.
Apple has said iOS web push isn't coming until 2023.

iOS xx.2 is always before the end of the year. xx.3 is usually before the end of the year (iOS 15 was an exception where it was in January).

I'd bet money we aren't going to see it in 16.3 either. My random guess is 16.5... iOS xx.5 typically is mid-spring, which would fit within Apple's "sometime in 2023" timeline, but still before Apple's next WWDC.

There are always going to be tradeoffs between different forum software vendors but the competition is continuing to make strides, including mobile versions for both Android and iOS while we see no changes on the horizon here. Maybe a different discussion but without moves to have a fully mobile app I don't see any future for forums, I know it's not easy to implement but the days of people browsing web discussions on desktops is becoming a thing of the past.

I find people that use my forum on mobile provide much less quality content.

I'd much rather have tools making my quality members more sticky -- like a Threadloom newsletter feature, etc.

I haven't read the entire thread, but I agree that Xenforo needs to improve a bit on information.

I miss constant releases, public roadmap or at least release forecast, https://symfony.com/releases has a great example.

I think that even though it is a paid product, it could involve the community more as they do interacting in the forum, but they should take more advantage of the forum itself by informing about news, how new versions are progressing, what features we can expect and other details. You could use the Blog for that, I think it's a little strange to go to Xenforo.com and go to Highlights from our community and see content from 2021 or older, nothing from 2022 or 2023, this honestly can make potential buyers lose.

I recommend using as a reference good Open Sources projects that have also existed for years and get closer to their customers and users, sometimes a little feedback already helps a lot, I know that because I am also a developer and entrepreneur, I also understand that with a small team a lot of things in life theory can be beautiful and in practice much more complex.

But I'm just exposing my professional opinion and also as a customer who bought the Xenforo License almost 1 year ago, which until today is translated into Portuguese Brazil or some other official languages, in my view it seemed that Xenforo was in maintenance mode, because I keep checking each release to see if there will be new versions or articles about it.

My suggestion would be to treat Xenforo as an Open Source + Cloud Project, a good example Gitlab, Hashicorp, among others, even one day there is a suggestion to make the same Open Source + focus on the Cloud and sell the Modules/Apps separately, the Opencart that I work with does this, I'm even an Apps creator for it with Codemarket https://www.codemarket.com.br/.

Now I understand that it's annoying to charge and deal with customers' anxiety, but I hope you see it as a constructive opinion, because I want and wish Xenforo the maximum success, its team, community and users, after all it helps thousands of Communities and people directly or indirectly and I think it's great that the source code doesn't use Cryptography, being basically a paid Open Source.

Speak to yourself mate. Asking for what I'm entitled doesn't mean I'm not an adult. Waiting for 2 years, that's a long way. As I said somewhere above, we don't know what is coming, when is coming and if is coming.

@Kier said ''upcoming weeks...'' last year, which didn't happen...
@Chris D said 2022 which didn't happen...
Now he says 2023 which I don't think will happen either.

Unless the company is sold over and they don't want us to know this, so they can make extra cash. At this point, I lost my trust here.

The XF is divided in 2 types of customers, those who are having well established forum and they don't really need something new, and those who are looking in the future for their forums.

Yes, XenForo is solid soft, but that's not enough in todays world.

I haven't seen anything valuable released since they got 2 new Staff Members (correct me if I'm wrong). Relying on other developers who left XenForo is not an ideal.

You probably haven't checked all them posts in this thread, some customers are keeping silent , but later they will start posting too.

As I said, as I customer, I expect good communication, and no false statements. I paid for 3 licenses, there should be some sort of communication from their side. I really respect all @XenForo developers for this product, but unfortunately disappointed.

We don't know when he left, last year or 2 years ago after XF2.2, we know what we have been told. So that's a different situation here.
Let the guys do their jobs.
it's obviously going to look great once it's completed.
I suspect it might be coming because the green style was deleted yesterday.

Let the guys do their jobs.
it's obviously going to look great once it's completed.
I suspect it might be coming because the green style was deleted yesterday.
Obviously, ain’t pushing anything. I’m just waiting to see what @XenForo will provide in couple of months. I hardly believe that it will compete with the competitors, or XF team will change their behaviour in the future. Even this community is dead, apart from members, you rarely see developers posting here, apart from @Brogan . I find it really frustrating. But, I believe they have been “working” very hard behind the stage for 3 years now.

As a customer, I won’t recommend XenForo for future buyers, just because the development takes years, if they will release something this year, which will have something new, we should expect an other release in an other 3-4 years. That’s how I see it.

@Faust

You're too impatient.

Developers need to take their time with what they're doing.

It's not going to be an overnight thing.

It's like you cooking sausages on a bbq you need to make sure they're cooked properly so people can eat your food.
You can't give people food poisoning.

It's also like when you get your house built. You need to wait.

@Faust

You're too impatient.

Developers need to take their time with what they're doing.

It's not going to be an overnight thing.

It's like you cooking sausages on a bbq you need to make sure they're cooked properly so people can eat your food.
You can't give people food poisoning.

It's also like when you get your house built. You need to wait.
I believe you aren't cooking your sausages for 3 years? Otherwise your customer will go somewhere else.

I lost my patience, and no longer interested in whatever version XF will release. At the moment, I'm focused on something else, but in terms of forums, I would aim for IPB, in my opinion, they seem more active than XF.

I really regret that I built all my 3 forums on XF, I should choose at least 1 to be on something else.

@XenForo provide what they want and when they want, while competitors seems to work differently.

As a business owner, you provide services based on customer needs, not what you want to provide. Check on XenForo suggestions, see how many of these customer's suggestion has been granted?

I'm not here to argue with you about patience. Life is too short, and we have to move on if there's not future on what our passion is. Sadly, there is no future in forums, especially XenForo.

I believe you aren't cooking your sausages for 3 years? Otherwise your customer will go somewhere else.

I lost my patience, and no longer interested in whatever version XF will release. At the moment, I'm focused on something else, but in terms of forums, I would aim for IPB, in my opinion, they seem more active than XF.

I really regret that I built all my 3 forums on XF, I should choose at least 1 to be on something else.

@XenForo provide what they want and when they want, while competitors seems to work differently.

As a business owner, you provide services based on customer needs, not what you want to provide. Check on XenForo suggestions, see how many of these customer's suggestion has been granted?

I'm not here to argue with you about patience. Life is too short, and we have to move on if there's not future on what our passion is. Sadly, there is no future in forums, especially XenForo.
No, but you don't want to eat them raw.

It's the same when you bake a cake you don't want to take it out after 5 minutes of being in the oven.

Just because a cake baking in the oven smells good it doesn't mean it's ready.

it's the same thing with what @Chris D and his crew are doing. It has to be perfect before they can even roll out the beta version of it.
Even still there could be a bug or two in it that needs to be ironed out.
It can take years to master

No, but you don't want to eat them raw.

It's the same when you bake a cake you don't want to take it out after 5 minutes of being in the oven.

Just because a cake baking in the oven smells good it doesn't mean it's ready.

it's the same thing with what @Chris D and his crew are doing. It has to be perfect before they can even roll out the beta version of it.
Even still there could be a bug or two in it that needs to be ironed out.
It can take years to master
@Chris D and @Kier, both said some deatlines 3 years ago. (some have mentioned a while ago by @Chris D).
Both failed to met these deadlines.

There's definitely something going on behind the stage, but not development. @XenForo doesn't seems to look for their customer needs, nor looking for progress.

There's nothing more from my side to add here.

Top Bottom