Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

2.2 isn't bothering me at all either.

If anything, 2.3 and 3.0 will just mean more work for me, more that I have to squeeze in during hours I don't really have to spare anymore. It's not like the world is coming to an end without 2.3 on my servers. 🤷‍♂️ Sure I'd like 2.3, but I'd like a lot of things in life I can never have, so I don't lose sleep over this kind of thing anymore.

Its those that have renewed their licenses this last 12months with not much to gain for their purchase that have concerns.
Bug and security fixes are worth keeping the license updated. 👍

I am probably too naïve to understand all the anxiety and concerns frequently expressed about the release date of XF 2.3. XF 2.2.15 works great for my forum. If, and when, XF 2.3 is released, I will look at the improvements that it may provide for my forum. Given that XF 2.2.15 is a stable & reliable product, I do not see any particular reason to quickly push XF 2.3 out the door. Sit back, have a beer, and wait until our XF developers determine it is ready. Just my opinion.
Besides my critic on the lack of communication, and some other things I do agree that XenForo is a very solid forum software, and so far I haven’t encountered any issues.

I don’t care that much about 2.3, im more looking forward to the 3.0 redesign.

I don’t care that much about 2.3, im more looking forward to the 3.0 redesign.
Same here. I know @Chris D seems excited by what @Kier has been working on, so it will be interesting to see what his vision is for the future of XenForo.

I don't see much changing for the end user for 2.3, so that could be why I'm kind of "meh" about whether it arrives soon or not. I will still upgrade to it to stay current but it's not a high priority.

My bigger concern with 3.0 is that add-on developers can take a while to fix their products. We had just one single add-on keep us from upgrading from 1.5 to 2.x as it took them two years to finally release the upgrade. If it wasn't an important part of our site, it wouldn't be a big deal. I only fear they'll sit on the 3.0 upgrade for just as long, although with the 3.0 being mainly a change in templates, at least the backend should remain the same.

It's very exciting seeing @Kier's vision come to life so whatever disruption is the result, it will be well worth it, I assure you.
We’re cooking.

Kier is predominantly working on 3.0. I’ve been doing a mix of infrastructure, non dev stuff and now working on changes to benefit upcoming 2.2 and 2.3 releases. @Naz and @Jeremy P have been continuing their work towards the next 2.2 and 2.3 releases.

On the assumption that you guys want something that works well, rather than not, we’ll keep working until things are ready.

Keep your eyes on the resolved / bug reports forum for current progress and the HYS forum for the last few 2.3 HYS threads before the beta release.
Not to belittle your work with the beautiful new features proposed to date, but my greatest curiosity about XenForo is to know what kind of new design and interface Kier is "cooking" for version 3. Any leaks on the matter?!👀:sneaky:

All in good time.

Let's just focus on 2.3 for the time being :)
Go Away Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

☹️

It's going to look good with the checkout additions. Imagine providing you're own services to others.

Also the passkey is going to be awesome too.

Top Bottom