Any sort of roadmap for Xenforo 2.3 ?

No, you're wrong. You've not corrected anything. How can you claim it's only a few? Do you have stats to back it up? Of course not. In the meantime, I'm observing an increasingly annoyed attitude by the members at the delay and lack of communication - hard evidence and hence basing my comment on that. I'm not even giving my opinion there, just making a suggestion based on what I see from member's posts on these two forums.

You've noticed it from a vocal few.... like in all things... you usually only hear from the squeaky wheels.

I actually had a dream last night that 2.3 had been released - which was surprising, because as much as I want to see it at least announced, I didn't think it was on my mind that much, to be kicking around in my subconscious like that. And sadly, my power to prognosticate has not improved. 😀

Why are they losing revenue?
He's just speculating, probably incorrectly, based on what he thinks. No one here but the staff would have any knowledge of what their books look like since its a privately held company. My guess is that the steadier revenue stream from the growing customer base for XF Cloud would actually boost revenue but that is equally speculative.

Why are they losing revenue?
Because you're not renewing. How many other people are thinking like you?

He's just speculating, probably incorrectly, based on what he thinks.
While I'm speculating, I don't agree with that "probably incorrectly" bit. How do you know they're not? It's true that cloud might compensate though, but only up to a point as those customers are also not seeing any product development.

No, you tried to appeal to their bottom line which is stupid as they just released XF Cloud that has made them more stable financially, and probably boosted their annual revenue by making XenForo more approachable.

"Increased amount of sarcastic comments on here and TAZ"... TAZ has been nothing but sarcastic comments for years, and has had no real relevancy for longer than that. And the sarcastic comments here are a small minority of the overall user base of XenForo so not sure how that impacts anything. Most of the people who have been vocal have no relevancy outside of their own site, and those that do have relevancy (developers/designers) are happy to wait 🤷‍♂️.

I will say though, this thread has been good for farming people to ignore for silly inane arguments.

Jesus, another apologist having a go at me about this. What makes you so right?

People seem to be forgetting that I'm only basing my comments on the lack of development and people's responses to it, both solid facts, yet I'm still the one getting attacked for it and apologists coming out in force. Unbelievable. This sh*t just keeps escalating with you lot, doesn't it? Such unpleasant people. :rolleyes:

They do not lose income or very little. The fact of not releasing the new version shifts the license renewals but I'm pretty sure that as soon as XF 2.3 is released a wave of renewals will take place.
Personally, I don't necessarily blame XF for the new version not coming out yet, but their lack of communication. I find that quite disrespectful of customers.

Personally I would rather see an updated version as and when it was required and ready for release than a rushed update pushed out just to please a few impatient people, or to generate income (if that was an issue).

So @Brogan , no rush on my behalf, fully paid up member of the 2.2.10+ club (y)

They do not lose income or very little. The fact of not releasing the new version shifts the license renewals but I'm pretty sure that as soon as XF 2.3 is released a wave of renewals will take place.
Personally, I don't necessarily blame XF for the new version not coming out yet, but their lack of communication. I find that quite disrespectful of customers.
Yeah, the cloud version turns it into a rental model, so what are those customers gonna do if they're not happy with the pace of development? Stop paying the bills and their forum dies. Very clever way of XF and other forum companies to keep the revenue coming while denying customers speedy development and good communication if they want to. Glad I didn't go down that route and after seeing this, I'm quite unlikely to.

And this does invite comparison with Invision. Yes, they're pushing their business model towards cloud, but they have a new version, with a huge changelog every single month with new features and bug fixes! That's proper development, something that would be great to see here. They also cost a whole lot more though, so this progress isn't coming cheap.

+1 on the bold bit.

Here's that changelog for anyone who's curuous.

I would tend to agree, even a simple quarterly newsletter would go a long way... and be appropriate during the "wait times". Not sure how this is not understood by people here tbh

Reactions: FTL
I agree. The lack of communication can be frustrating, but it can also be exciting. Look at Apple, the only teaser they got is their invitation. It would be fun if the creatives at XF could create something similar.

But what frustrates me most is the communication of some staff members. Some staff members have a certain way of.. replying, in a very short and cold way. I completely understand they have tons of comments to reply to, but a little more friendly would be a level-up to their communication style.

But what frustrates me most is the communication of some staff members. Some staff members have a certain way of.. replying, in a very short and cold way. I completely understand they have tons of comments to reply to, but a little more friendly would be a level-up to their communication style.
People usually talk down to people in that manner when they think they're better than them. Having a company do that to their paying customers is obnoxious and I've had them do it to me on plenty of occasions.

Heck, they censored me a while back to maintain their pro customer narrative when I wasn't getting the support they claim to give and then I got a whole bunch of XF apologists piling onto me for pointing this out. Such ugly behaviour. I'm not gonna get into it now and reopen the whole thing, just trust me on this. Wouldn't surprise me if this post got censored too.

Because you're not renewing. How many other people are thinking like you?

While I'm speculating, I don't agree with that "probably incorrectly" bit. How do you know they're not? It's true that cloud might compensate though, but only up to a point as those customers are also not seeing any product development.

Jesus, another apologist having a go at me about this. What makes you so right?

People seem to be forgetting that I'm only basing my comments on the lack of development and people's responses to it, both solid facts, yet I'm still the one getting attacked for it and apologists coming out in force. Unbelievable. This sh*t just keeps escalating with you lot, doesn't it? Such unpleasant people. :rolleyes:

XF renewals with all add-ons are $95/year; XF Cloud is $60/month for the lowest plan... So, a single XF Cloud customer is 7.5 renewals per year. A lot of people who do not need custom built hosting are likely to move to cloud (as has been seen by several active users here); in general cloud services are seen as more approachable and for businesses are a safer bet than rolling out your own solution. There is a reason that cloud services have become one of the most dominant IT trends for the last decade, and why it is unlikely to change any time soon.

Also, to call me an apologist is hilarious, as I am often critical (not always publicly) about XenForo? In so far that I shut down a successful design business because I don't have much faith in providing resources and have even said I find the lack of communication frustrating. Moreover, I didn't make a single excuse for XenForo, only called out your ridiculous statements that are clearly false 🤣.

A fact is something that is known or proven to be true; it is a fact that there are a handful of people here and at TAZ who have been negative. It is also a fact that they are a miniscule percentage of the customers of XenForo. For every negative person, I know at least 3 people who simply do not care about any delays 🤷‍♂️. Your comments about revenue were ridiculous off if you used a single brain cell for a split second so again are not a fact.

Also, you are not being attacked; your statements are being attacked. If you say something that is incorrect and then get corrected it is generally not personal. The closest I came to an attack is that I farm this thread for people to ignore, but sadly a lot of the people were already ignored.

Reactions: FTL
XF renewals with all add-ons are $95/year; XF Cloud is $60/month for the lowest plan... So, a single XF Cloud customer is 7.5 renewals per year. A lot of people who do not need custom built hosting are likely to move to cloud (as has been seen by several active users here); in general cloud services are seen as more approachable and for businesses are a safer bet than rolling out your own solution. There is a reason that cloud services have become one of the most dominant IT trends for the last decade, and why it is unlikely to change any time soon.

Also, to call me an apologist is hilarious, as I am often critical (not always publicly) about XenForo? In so far that I shut down a successful design business because I don't have much faith in providing resources and have even said I find the lack of communication frustrating. Moreover, I didn't make a single excuse for XenForo, only called out your ridiculous statements that are clearly false 🤣.

A fact is something that is known or proven to be true; it is a fact that there are a handful of people here and at TAZ who have been negative. It is also a fact that they are a miniscule percentage of the customers of XenForo. For every negative person, I know at least 3 people who simply do not care about any delays 🤷‍♂️. Your comments about revenue were ridiculous off if you used a single brain cell for a split second so again are not a fact.

Also, you are not being attacked; your statements are being attacked. If you say something that is incorrect and then get corrected it is generally not personal. The closest I came to an attack is that I farm this thread for people to ignore, but sadly a lot of the people were already ignored.

Then why add in snarky lines such as:
I will say though, this thread has been good for farming people to ignore for silly inane arguments.

I don't see any value in saying something like this, unless if you are attacking others. Sorry if I am incorrect with that impression.

Then why add in snarky lines such as:

I don't see any value in saying something like this, unless if you are attacking others. Sorry if I am incorrect with that impression.
If you're overly sensitive to the idea of being ignored, I could see it as an attack. Otherwise it is just a statement of the only value most arguments this thread have had.

Firstly, that apologist statement is general and not aimed at you. One is not an apologist just for disagreeing with me and you're backing up your arguments, too! 🙂 I've also liked your post in goodwill to reinforce that I'm not aiming my apologist accusation at you.

It's great to see that you can be critical of XF, too.

And as far as those facts are concerned, yes I don't claim to have a definitive dataset to draw from. As I've already said, from my observations people don't look happy.

You can't claim "For every negative person, I know at least 3 people who simply do not care about any delays", because again, you're just one small data point, similar to mine, so you can't generalise authoritatively. I find it a bit odd that paying customers aren't bothered by delays too, but hey. In general, not just the XF world, anti-comments, even if only by a small minority can somewhat reflect a general trend and it would be foolish to ignore it, hence why I started this line of conversation. Again, I'm not being authoritative about it, but one can still draw some sort of conclusion from it. And I've not been one of those to hold back my renewal, either. I renewed as soon as mine expired.

Yes, cloud is popular, because it takes a lot of the hassle out of managing business IT needs, as you say, hence AWS and Azure are now behmoths. It also turns the business into a rental model, as I said to @Starbucks a few posts back, making it a lot harder for customers to vote with their wallets if they're unhappy with the product and / or service.

Heck, they censored me a while back to maintain their pro customer narrative when I wasn't getting the support they claim to give and then I got a whole bunch of XF apologists piling onto me for pointing this out. Such ugly behaviour. I'm not gonna get into it now and reopen the whole thing, just trust me on this. Wouldn't surprise me if this post got censored too.

So now we're getting nearer to the issue
Congratulations, you are the first person to go on my 'Ignore' list

Top Bottom