any plans employing more developers?

maidos

is there any plans hiring more devs or will it be considered only after the lawsuit?
would be nice if theres more devs focusing on bugsfixed while mike and kier goes full front on developing new features :)

Probably also a matter of how many licenses are actually sold. 7k registered users here, let's just assume for the sake of the argument that half bought a license (this accounts for those who didn't buy a license and those who bought more than one). That's 490k in sales, Paypal takes 3%, so 475k left, the government probably takes 25% (guess!) = 356k left. That's not a lot of money to keep the lights on and keep the people who are currently working employed and put some money away for next year where the renewals will only bring in ~30% of the purchase price. Obviously all those numbers are pure speculation but it does illustrate a point.

Probably also a matter of how many licenses are actually sold. 7k registered users here, let's just assume for the sake of the argument that half bought a license (this accounts for those who didn't buy a license and those who bought more than one). That's 490k in sales, Paypal takes 3%, so 475k left, the government probably takes 25% (guess!) = 356k left. That's not a lot of money to keep the lights on and keep the people who are currently working employed and put some money away for next year where the renewals will only bring in ~30% of the purchase price. Obviously all those numbers are pure speculation but it does illustrate a point.

Well if you go by Kiers pay rate at vbulletin £45 per hour iirc, on a standard working week that would be nearly 90k a year, assuming all 3 are on the same rate... or close to it thats right away 270k of that 356k gone.

Well if you go by Kiers pay rate at vbulletin £45 per hour iirc, on a standard working week that would be nearly 90k a year, assuming all 3 are on the same rate... or close to it thats right away 270k of that 356k gone.
subtract from that having to pay attorneys on 2 different continents.

I am rather happy right now with the way things are going, so I say whenever the team decides to do it, do it. I have confidence that when they are ready to hire on they will make a solid choice. Other than that I don't know the entirety of their position so I could not even have input as to whether adding a developer would be a good thing or not at this point. Yah gotta weigh in any factor than can change an outcome.

Im very pleased with the rate of development.. I thnk adding more devs would muddy the waters at this stage in the game.. I hate to see something working like a well oiled machine get the wrench just because.

I am rather happy right now with the way things are going, so I say whenever the team decides to do it, do it. I have confidence that when they are ready to hire on they will make a solid choice. Other than that I don't know the entirety of their position so I could not even have input as to whether adding a developer would be a good thing or not at this point. Yah gotta weigh in any factor than can change an outcome.

Likewise. I wouldn't be surprised to find out how much down the 1.1 trail they have already progressed. These guys are doing 16+ hours days 7 days a week. The point is they are looking to the community to help fill in the gaps and I do believe that that is definately happening. 3rd party developers ask questions and those more experienced answer them, if they cannot I have seen Mike/Kier step in with guidance. People with questions etc are being answered by Brogan (da man!) and the community. It is a win win situation.

Save the money on hiring, invest into the Business (and the pesky lawsuits) and just carry on doing what you are doing, from where I am standing nothing is being hindered by not having more developers on the payroll. Once the lawsuits are won then it would be wise to revisit.

IPB ran on one developer for years and years, it was only about 3 years ago (IIRC) that Brandon Faber joined as a full time Dev, prior to that IPB was entirely designed/developed/coded by one person.. Matt

The fact that Xenforo had two brilliant devs from day one is one of the reasons they were able to develop so rapidly.

I don't believe we need more devs, just more patience :)

Top Bottom