any plans employing more developers?

That's a little early isn't it? Would be nice for the future though, especially when they start working on other products.

You should see what I've just seen.

It gets better :D

Ok, that's it, Mister! You deserve this -
spanking.gif

IPB ran on one developer for years and years, it was only about 3 years ago (IIRC) that Brendan Faber joined as a full time Dev, prior to that IPB was entirely designed/developed/coded by one person.. Matt

The fact that Xenforo had two brilliant devs from day one is one of the reasons they were able to develop so rapidly.

I don't believe we need more devs, just more patience :)
I'm sure we'd get more faster when the developers aren't tied in international lawsuits too.

As it stands, we're already getting plenty this summer/fall with the Resource Manager, XF 1.1, and another add-on with improved search capabilities for those larger boards. I can't imagine what else will be coming once the lawsuits are out of the way.

I'm sure we'd get more faster when the developers aren't tied in international lawsuits too.

As it stands, we're already getting plenty this summer/fall with the Resource Manager, XF 1.1, and another add-on with improved search capabilities for those larger boards. I can't imagine what else will be coming once the lawsuits are out of the way.
The kitchen sink :p.

Kier posted in a thread somewhere here that they certainly hope to have 1.1 out before Halloween.
I think Kier threatened violence against himself if 1.1 wasn't out before Halloween. So it's safe to say we have 1.1 before Halloween, or XF will have snail pace due to 50% of its development being in intensive care ;)

I think Kier threatened violence against himself if 1.1 wasn't out before Halloween. So it's safe to say we have 1.1 before Halloween, or XF will have snail pace due to 50% of its development being in intensive care ;)
ROFL! Now that would indeed be tragic.

The announcement forum is your friend: ;)
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/development-update-may-2011.16084/
XenForo 1.1 will be released this Summer.

Kier's post regarding Halloween was in response to the joke that 1.0.31 would come out on Halloween:
I speculate October for the halloween release of xenForo 1.0.31.
ali_073.gif
There will be more maintenance releases before 1.1, and I would be very upset if we did not have 1.1 out before Halloween!

Maybe there are not need currently for new devs...probably there are need of a full time supporter and documentation writer.

IPB ran on one developer for years and years, it was only about 3 years ago (IIRC) that Brandon Faber joined as a full time Dev, prior to that IPB was entirely designed/developed/coded by one person.. Matt

If i remember good, the credits on firsts version on IPB claim that IPB was coded by Matt Mecham and David Baxter.

If i remember good, the credits on firsts version on IPB claim that IPB was coded by Matt Mecham and David Baxter.

hmmm on the very first version you might be correct I can't say for certain I can say I don't remember poor David Baxter if he did share the coding duties, but if I am not mistaken, for the majority of IPB's life until Brandon came along, it was just Matt doing the coding and design etc, with James Matheus doing the actual default skins for various versions.

Top Bottom