Anti-Spam by CleanTalk

Anti-Spam by CleanTalk 2.6

No permission to download
Hello all!
Terribly sorry for this bug, we really didn't want to place link without your assent. We fixed it in 1.4.4, please, update it as usual.
Please, tell us, did it solves your problem with advertising link.

I tried this one last time and yes, now the advertising link check box option works, but it won’t update the version number in the dashboard again no matter what I try so I'm sticking with v1.30

You guys should really be releasing this in beta mode so everyone will know this v1.4 update is not ready for prime time yet. I'm not trying it again until a more stable and fully debugged version has been released.

Thanks...

Last edited:
Hello all!
Terribly sorry for this bug, we really didn't want to place link without your assent. We fixed it in 1.4.4, please, update it as usual.
Please, tell us, did it solves your problem with advertising link.
It works now but as @RSI pointed out, CleanTalk dashboard still shows 1.4.3 and XF backend 1.4.4 LOL

I tried this one last time and yes, now the advertising link check box option works, but it won’t update the version number in the dashboard again no matter what I try so I'm sticking with v1.30

You guys should really be releasing this in beta mode so everyone will know this v1.4 update is not ready for prime time yet. I'm not trying it again until a more stable and fully debugged version has been released.

Thanks...
Sorry for this, we have updated Dashboard, it now shows 1.4.4 as well as previous version.

It works now but as @RSI pointed out, CleanTalk dashboard still shows 1.4.3 and XF backend 1.4.4 LOL
Please check again,

https://cleantalk.org/my/

It should show 1.4.4. Thank you for feedback!

I went ahead and tried it and it looks like everything is working now.

To be honest, I've been using CleanTalk ever since you guys first started it and it worked great on my old SMF board for about 2 years. It seems to work ok here with xenForo so we will see what happens I guess with this newer version(s), but I agree with @zoldos with what he said about you guys lowering our confidence level.

Last edited:
I went ahead and tried it and it looks like everything is working now.

To be honest, I've been using CleanTalk ever since you guys first started it and it worked great on my old SMF board for about 2 years. It seems to work ok here with xenForo so we will see what happens I guess with this newer version(s), but I agree with @zoldos with what he said about you guys lowering our confidence level.
Thank you for feedback! We have changed our development process, so I hope issues like that will never happened. If you send to my PM your account id (email) at cleantalk.org, we will apply free months to your license as compensation for this issue (this offer is open for every XenForo user with previous versions CleanTalk).

Thank you!

I have removed this add-on from my board and deleted the service because it no longer works anymore. It worked great on my old SMF board and here on Xenforo back when it was still at version 1.3, but whatever you guys have done has made it no longer work and its not rejecting spam registrations now. Even when I went back and reinstalled version 1.3 it no longer works now either.

You should have just left it alone…

Could you please let us know a few examples of missed spam? We will do our best to fix spam filters.

Thank you for feedback and sorry for that issue!

PS
We didn't change anything to broke 1.3.

The reason this mod doesn't really do much for xenforo is because you can set the built-in registration timer within the ACP under User Registration.

Registration Timer (seconds)

All you have to do is make that time long enough and it pretty much does the same thing this add-on will do. The only way this add-on will work is if you make the Registration Timer (seconds) = "0" to disable it. If you make that time long enough this add-on won’t do anything.

You guys really need to figure out another way to detect spam, at least with xenforo.

Thank you for your opinion.
Registration Timer is just a very small part of spam protection.
Big values are not convenient for site visitors, as well as other visual methods. Small values are not barriers for modern spam bots.
In contrast, CleanTalk is invisible and convenient.

Thank you for your opinion.
Registration Timer is just a very small part of spam protection.
Big values are not convenient for site visitors, as well as other visual methods. Small values are not barriers for modern spam bots.
In contrast, CleanTalk is invisible and convenient.

I don’t think a 20 second or longer registration timer will be inconvenient for any site visitors and that's about all it takes to stop spam bots from registering. What happens after registration though is a different matter.

Anyway, this add-on will not work during registration unless you set the xenforo registration timer to “0”. That’s what you need to think about changing on it. Figure out something else. I no longer need or use this add-on because of it.

As we discovered more than 50% spambots use submit delay more than 60 seconds.
Also don't forget about manual spammers - they use submit delay also and love to solve captchas.
Our module filters both bots and manual spammers.

Sure you may use registration timer if you think 20+ seconds is convenient for visitors.
The main thing is they would think so.

Top Bottom