1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anti-Spam by CleanTalk 1.8

Cloud anti spam. No CAPTCHA, no questions, no counting animals, no puzzles, no math and no spam bots

1. AlexanderBezborodov
    Compatible XF Versions:
    Additional Requirements:
    Addon is connected to CleanTalk Cloud Anti-Spam service using API. https://cleantalk.org/about

CleanTalk is a premium anti-spam service, you can look at the pricing here https://cleantalk.org/price

To get access key you should register at Cleantalk and create an account.

Need PHP version 5 or higher.
    License:
    https://cleantalk.org/publicoffer
    map.png

banner_03.jpg

MOD checks new registrations and comments on the forum using a series of tests to detect spambots - blacklisted IP, EMAIL address, the presence of JavaScript, form submitting time, etc.

We have developed antispam for WordPress that would provide maximum protection from spam bots and you can provide for your visitors a simple and convenient form of comments/registrations without annoying CAPTCHAs and puzzles. Used to detect spam multistage test that allows us to block up to 100% of spam bots.

The anti spam method offered by CleanTalk allows to switch from the methods that trouble the communication (CAPTCHA, question-answer etc.) to a more convenient one.

How does it work?
    • A visitor writes a comment or registers.
    • CleanTalk plugin sends action parameters into the CleanTalk cloud.
    • Service analyzes the parameters.
    • If this is a visitor, the comment will be published. If it's spam bot, then CleanTalk blocks this comment or registering.
    • Parameters are written to the log which can be viewed in the Control Panel service.
    Spam attacks log
    Service CleanTalk (this MOD is a client application for CleanTalk anti-spam service) records all filtered comments, registration and other spam attacks in the "Log of spam attacks" and stores the data in the log for up to 45 days. Using the log, you can ensure reliable protection of your website from spam and no false/positive filtering.
    THLove likes this.

Recent Updates

1. Improved protection
  2. Changed a way of connection test.
  3. Comments spam checking.

Recent Reviews

1. Lirusocial
    Lirusocial
    5/5,
    Version: 1.7
    Add-on have a lot of advantages, low cost, the test period for checks, great XenForo implementation, easy instalation and it haven't conflicts with other mods. It facilitates the work of the forum moderators and your forum can work peacefully
  2. Christopher Price
    Christopher Price
    5/5,
    Version: 1.6
    An effective, low-cost add-on with great XenForo implementation. Didn’t test the older versions, but it seems most of the past complaints about this plugin have been addressed. Very easy to install and deploy. While it has let some spam user registrations through, it thus far has been blocking their posts. Quite happy with it, and I can sleep more soundly now (literally). This is an anti-spam solution that I would love to see integrated into XenForo mainline - it just works™.
    1. AlexanderBezborodov
      Author's Response
      Hello Christopher! Thank you for your feedback and nd choosing CleanTalk to protect your websites! We will do our best to keep spam bots away. Have a nice day!
  3. timothy259856
    timothy259856
    5/5,
    Version: 1.5
    a good add-on which also does what it should.In case of Problems , there is a very good and fast Support. So Thank you
    and keep it up .No Trouble with other add-ons
    Install and upgrade without errors !
    1. AlexanderBezborodov
      Author's Response
      Thank you very much for your time to leave this feedback! We will do our best to keep spam bots away. Have a nice day!
  4. zoldos
    zoldos
    1/5,
    I have to agree with the others here. Every single time I try to upgrade this plugin it bugs out on me and now doesn't seem to work at all. Also, it missed several spam registrations. A shame, as I'm paid up till like 2017. :(
    1. AlexanderBezborodov
      Author's Response
      Hello!
      We have released new version. New version has option for check messages from new users.
      You can test it and if you want we will be able to offer you to use CleanTalk free as compensation. Please, email us welcome [at] cleantalk [dot] org
  5. SoeHoe
    SoeHoe
    1/5,
    Unfortunately this Add-on does nothing. no spam blocked at all. I want to request refund if it is possible.
    1. AlexanderBezborodov
      Author's Response
      Hello!
      We have released new version. New version has option for check messages from new users.
      You can test it and if you want we will be able to offer you to use CleanTalk free as compensation. Please, email us welcome [at] cleantalk [dot] org
  6. RSI
    RSI
    1/5,
    I have retracted my 5 star review because they have totally screwed this add-on and/or service up. Like the other guy said it's no longer blocking anything. This mod use to work great on my old SMF board and with version 1.3 with XenForo, but they have screwed something up to where if I go back to version 1.3 now it no loner works anymore either.
    1. AlexanderBezborodov
      Author's Response
      Hello!
  7. electrogypsy
    electrogypsy
    1/5,
    Version: 1.4.4
    Unfortunately this service did not block any of the spam registrations I was getting on my website. Also, there's virtually no advanced options in their 'dashboard' just a list of accounts that successfully registered for my website (that were spam). No whitelisting/blacklisting, block by country, or anything else you're really come to expect from an anti-spam service.

I've had my own issues with cloudflare, but you'd be better off with their free service (which has the options mentioned above) than paying for this service that doesn't really seem to work.
    1. AlexanderBezborodov
      Author's Response
      Hello!