- Compatible XF Versions:
- Additional Requirements:
- Addon is connected to CleanTalk Cloud Anti-Spam service using API. https://cleantalk.org/about
CleanTalk is a premium anti-spam service, you can look at the pricing here https://cleantalk.org/price
To get access key you should register at Cleantalk and create an account.
Need PHP version 5 or higher.
We have developed antispam for WordPress that would provide maximum protection from spam bots and you can provide for your visitors a simple and convenient form of comments/registrations without annoying CAPTCHAs and puzzles. Used to detect spam multistage test that allows us to block up to 100% of spam bots.
The anti-spam method offered by CleanTalk allows switching from the methods that trouble the communication (CAPTCHA, question-answer etc.) to a more convenient one.
How does it work?
Spam attacks log
- A visitor writes a comment or registers.
- CleanTalk plugin sends action parameters into the CleanTalk cloud.
- Service analyzes the parameters.
- If this is a visitor, the comment will be published. If it's a spam bot, then CleanTalk blocks this comment or registering.
- Parameters are written to the log which can be viewed in the Control Panel service.
Service CleanTalk (this MOD is a client application for CleanTalk anti-spam service) records all filtered comments, registration and other spam attacks in the "Log of spam attacks" and stores the data in the log for up to 45 days. Using the log, you can ensure reliable protection of your website from spam and no false/positive filtering.
Blocking users by country
Automatically block comments and registrations from the countries you have set a ban for. This option is useful in cases of manual spam protection and for protection enhancement. If your site is not intended for an international audience and you do not expect comments/users from other countries.
Blocking comments by "stop words"
You can block comments which contain "stop words" to enhance spam filtering and messages with obscene words blocking. You can add particular words or phrases.
Automatically block comments and registrations from your private black IP/email address list. This option helps to strengthen the protection from a manual spam or block unwanted comments from users. You can add not only the certain IP addresses but also a separate subnet to your personal blacklist.
CleanTalk is a premium anti-spam service, the MOD works with our own CleanTalk Cloud Service. CleanTalk offers a free trial, you can look at the pricing here. We provide anti-spam services at the highest level. To maintain this level we cannot afford to offer a free version of our service, as this will immediately affect the quality of the providing anti-spam protection. Paying for a year of anti-spam service, you save a lot more and receive:
How to install the CleanTalk anti-spam add-on in XenForo
- Up to 99.998% protection from spam bots.
- Time and resources saving.
- More registrations/comments/visitors.
- Protection of the several websites at once in different CMS.
- Ease in installation and using.
- Traffic increase and loyalty to the users.
- 24/7 technical support.
- Clear statistics.
- No captcha (reCaptcha), puzzles, etc.
- Free mobile app to control anti-spam function on your website.
1. Download the archive.
2. Unzip the archive to "<XenForo-root-folder>/library".
3. Go to "Home —> Add-ons —> Install Add-on". Choose the file "addon-CleanTalk.xml" from the folder "library". Then click the button "Install Add-on".
4. After the installation, go to "Home —> Options", find and click the category "Spam Management".
5. Copy the access key from your CleanTalk Control Panel and paste it in the "Access key" field, turn on the options of the add-on.
6. You can disable inconvenient for your visitors CAPTCHA function now. Then click the button "Save Changes".
Do a test registration and post a comment using this e-mail: "email@example.com". Do not do tests being an administrator.
Go to "Tools —> Spam Trigger Log". Spam activity can be found here.
Anti-Spam by CleanTalk 1.8
Cloud anti spam. No CAPTCHA, no questions, no counting animals, no puzzles, no math and no spam bots