AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
It was precisely by installing the latest version of App for Cloudflare that the errors were logged. But if I understand correctly that was the last time, the next update of an add-on will no longer generate these errors, right ?

It was precisely by installing the latest version of App for Cloudflare that the errors were logged. But if I understand correctly that was the last time, the next update of an add-on will no longer generate these errors, right ?
I can't guarantee anything since that is not my add-on, but I'm sure it is fixed if they say it is 😊👍

Hello, in GSC i get errors for threads containing embedded YouTube video:
The required "type" attribute is missing from the "template" tag.
HTML:
<template class=js-embedHtml>

<amp-youtube data-videoid=dH64N3MnLzY height=270 layout=responsive width=480>
    </amp-youtube>
</template>

mazzly updated AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 with a new update entry:

Fix for advanced cookie consent validation errors

As explained in https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ampxf-amp-for-xenforo-2.8225/updates#resource-update-43189

With this update, the add-on strips out the non-validating <template> part so that forums using the advanced cookie don't get non-valid AMP pages where e.g. youtube videos are placed..

Once the advanced cookie is "out of beta" we will add similar functionality to the add-on that is aligned with XF's cookie functionality.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello @mazzly, i used this add-on https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xenforo-homepage.8762/ to create a homepage.
It seems that this new homepage has not his AMP sister... Is there something to do for that ?
Thanks.
Well yes, but not sure if it is worth the effort :) Since this is not using the PAGE_CONTAINER-template and will also not do a bunch of the cleanup-steps that AMPXF does, you have to be careful what you add to the template not to break the AMP validity

Basically:
  • In the xf_homepage template you would need to check for the amp=1 query string
  • Depending on that one you would then render the AMP page of HTML page content.
    • These pages would need to have meta headers for AMP pages set
    • Probably would make sense to split code into 2 different files and include with <xf:include>
      • It might also make sense to have those 2 files further include a 3rd template that holds the page content
        • A possible problem with this approach is that the "content"-template needs to have strict HTML without JS etc...
So it can be a lot of work depending on how advanced you want that homepage to be... If advanced you might have to maintain 2 extra pages (HTML & AMP) to support AMP... If less advanced you might get away with simply only having to maintain a "content"-template when you need to update it.

Thanks but this question, poorly formulated...
Is there something to do for that ?
...rather addressed you the developer of the add-on. I said to myself maybe he didn't think about it since the add-on is more recent than AMPXF. I'm not going to commit to doing it myself, if it's not that important then I'm going to leave it at that. :)

Thank you.

Thanks but this question, poorly formulated...

...rather addressed you the developer of the add-on. I said to myself maybe he didn't think about it since the add-on is more recent than AMPXF. I'm not going to commit to doing it myself, if it's not that important then I'm going to leave it at that. :)

Thank you.
Yeah there is not much we can do for that I think from ampxf side, as it is basically a completely seperately rendered HTML page and is up to the customer what content they want there 😊

Unless you have e.g.a page with lots of content as a start page that could rank for keywords in SEO I doubt it is useful to AMPlify that page 😊

A similar scenario is the forum list/member pages that don't really have much, if any, content that the search engines would be interested in showing 😊

@mazzly I need your keen eye...
Questions/Answers, Breadcrumbs, Reviews snippets have been falling inexorably for a few days after the installation of AMPXF, should this be seen as a connection or a coincidence?

And AMP pages too since few days.
Thanks.

Hello, why do you think the number of indexed AMP pages is starting to decrease?

View attachment 281870
Hard to say, Google Search Console does that from time to time on our site as well:
1677309783195.webp
@mazzly I need your keen eye...
Questions/Answers, Breadcrumbs, Reviews snippets have been falling inexorably for a few days after the installation of AMPXF, should this be seen as a connection or a coincidence?

And AMP pages too since few days.
Thanks.
I think that should be a coincidence... Looking at the "Indexing" page of our site there was a drop on the 14th of February, and a big drop in "Not indexed pages", so I'm guessing there was a Google Search Algo update around that time:

Could be related?
//Jonahtan

Arrived at 0 it explodes right?

Capture web_3-3-2023_113652_search.google.com.webp
No more seriously, I don't have a lot of indexed pages on GG, around 500 but only 14 AMP pages that's not much, isn't it?
Especially since it keeps decreasing...

Not recently or nothing significant.
But I installed the XF Homepage add-on mid-February and the drop seems to match.

In the GSC, 258 pages in this category (all are AMP pages):

Other pages with correct canonical tags
These pages are neither indexed nor distributed on Google
Capture web_3-3-2023_1696_search.google.com.webp

Capture web_3-3-2023_16943_search.google.com.webp

Thanks !

Top Bottom