AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2

AMPXF - AMP for Xenforo 2 [Paid] 1.4.9

No permission to buy (€50.00)
Hi. Yes you are correct the AMP pages are using a special template amp_thread_view which extends another one called AMP_CONTAINER

I would advice against changing the canonical URL on the AMP page though, as google can be very picky that the AMP page matches what is on the canonical page..

13 of our customers are running UIX, and 3 are running UIX Pro, so I would say they work fine.
The only thing that might be needed with ThemeHouse themes is to enable the font-fix that is under advanced settings..

That is a good question, and would be hard to measure, since even a 500% growth on 0 visitors is still 0 visitors :D

If the forum is very niche'd and doesn't have big competitors in the same niche, it might help you get some first page ranking, but this all depends so much on various factors.

All things considered, for a new forum without any content, it probably isn't the biggest prio to have it installed, but once you have a couple 100 threads it might start making sense.

My suggestion is: Revert the AMP_CONTAINER template to the original..
The AMPXF addons adds what is needed (in early version some things were missing, but now should be fine for 95+% of cases)

As for the Twitter + AMS/AMP, @arn raised this as an idea for an advanced option to automagically redirect the visitors landing on the AMP pages (i.e. when not on Google/Bing AMP caches) to the real site instead. I think it might be a good addition, but I'm still letting it mull in my head:
  • How to handle so that you can still debug own pages / only redirect twitter visitors (maybe some referer header)
  • Can this negatively affect the UX / Ranking or other things (I doubt it, but never know)
  • This is not the immediate thing that needs to be added to AMPXF :) (@Bob's addons, along with bugfixes are)
Another option might maybe be to hide the AMP links from twitter bots?
Thank you so much. Thanks for your honesty

I can confirm my 'bug' with AdSense.

After reverting the template AMP_CONTAINER for the original version, all my banners Ads that i added previously just stopped working/showing (just a blank space).

So, i did some testing, and the only thing that turned my ads on again was adding the boring AdSense code to AMP_CONTAINER:

<script async custom-element="amp-ad" src="https://cdn.ampproject.org/v0/amp-ad-0.1.js"></script>

After the modification, the Ads showed up instantly.

I don't know why this is happening but well, at least i have my Ads.

I can confirm my 'bug' with AdSense.

After reverting the template AMP_CONTAINER for the original version, all my banners Ads that i added previously just stopped working/showing (just a blank space).

So, i did some testing, and the only thing that turned my ads on again was adding the boring AdSense code to AMP_CONTAINER:

<script async custom-element="amp-ad" src="https://cdn.ampproject.org/v0/amp-ad-0.1.js"></script>

After the modification, the Ads showed up instantly.

I don't know why this is happening but well, at least i have my Ads.
Can you open as support request on ampxf I then I have an easier time debugging :)

Overall adsense stats (small site) for day of install (Jan 9) through today (Jan 30) compared to prior period (Dec 18-Jan 8):

Adsense Revenue: +21.1%
Page Views: +23.4%
RPM: -2.1%
Impressions: +5%
Clicks: +11%

GSC Stats (different date comparison, sorry not same/same): Jan 9 - Jan 28 vs. Dec 9 - Dec 28

Clicks: +40.9%
Impressions: +20.9%
CTR: +17.9%
Position: -7.6%

Last edited:
Overall adsense stats (small site) for day of install (Jan 9) through today (Jan 30) compared to prior period (Dec 18-Jan 8):

GSC Stats (different date comparison, sorry not same/same): Jan 9 - Jan 28 vs. Dec 9 - Dec 28

Now those are simply incredible results! :) Love to see this working so well for you guys! :love:

I have 17k and I believe that my forum is quite big. )
I am going by AMPXF standards, which is <5000 visitors per day, which is true in my case. Although maybe this add-on will help change that ;-)

My forum is also 20+ years old (well, technically the forums we're really rolling properly until about 2002, but site founded in 2000... does a Guestbook count? :LOL: ). So 21k threads over ~20 years and less than 5k visitors/day probably fairly qualifies as a small site.

I am going by AMPXF standards, which is <5000 visitors per day, which is true in my case. Although maybe this add-on will help change that ;-)

My forum is also 20+ years old (well, technically the forums we're really rolling properly until about 2002, but site founded in 2000... does a Guestbook count? :LOL: ). So 21k threads over ~20 years and less than 5k visitors/day probably fairly qualifies as a small site.
hey, you're my twin brother. my forum is 15 years old )

how do you get those stats

1) customize your report dates to the desired ranges (both adsense and GSC support this, GA also)
2) do the math to calculate the differences for each data point you are tracking (new value - old value) / old value

Top Bottom