Add-on Alpha and Beta Testers for CKEditor

Adam Howard

So I have hired a well known developer to help integrate CKEditor into XenForo.

Once completed this will be release as a free open source project for everyone.

At this point it is in the very, very early stages of concept development. And not close to release or even testing.

But if all proceeds according to plan .... At some point, we're going to need some really hard core devoted alpha and beta testers.

By hard core, I mean if you find a bug, we will want you to report it, but also have some skills to possibly even point out the problem (if you can). If that is something you're not comfortably with or don't know how to do, please do not sign up for the alpha / beta. You'll have access to it just the same as everyone else (no need to rush and jump in).

But if you are eager to help and willing, we could use all the support we can get to help test this.

Special interest to those using native versions of Apple Safari and Camino Browser (as none here have that), but not required.

PRE ALPHA Found here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/alpha-and-beta-testers-for-ckeditor.34413/#post-400775

CAUTION : PRE - Alpha
Support Level = None / Zero

Thank you for your willingness to help CKEditor for XenForo by testing the releases.

This copy is a Pre-Alpha. This means it is unstable and yes, it has bugs (some we know about).

You should only try this on only a test site (not a public site and on something you can start over).

Known issues:
  • XenForo's "Post Reply" and "Create Thread" button do not yet work. To post a reply or a new thread, use the save button inside the editor.
  • The smilies at this time do not work and report as invalid message if you try to use them (click the button). However, the smilie code will work when manually added.
  • Upload does work, but the buttons that allow you to decide if attachments are viewed in full screen or thumbnail does not work. So of course by default it will be thumbnail.
  • There are 2 remove formating buttons (final will of course only have 1)
  • The preview button inside the editor works, but shows raw bb code
  • The image preview works, but will show some random text in the preview (random text does not affect the post and only shows in the image preview)
  • List do not show up in the editor as you type, but do show up once you save
If you can find anything else, please speak up :)
www.sociallyuncensored.eu 2012-8-21 5:39:39.webp

Attachments

Oh it's a addon, I thought it was a Xenforo edit.
General goal was to make this as compatible as possible and easy to update when needed.

I think Chris Deeming has done a wonderful job so far and I look forward to seeing the finished product. :)

This has been an extensive project and it's not easy task to import CHEditor into another 3rd party product, such as XenForo, let alone have it as an add-on (as we do now). So this is something I'm committed into funding.

But if anyone else here wishes to make a contribution to the on going development of this extensive release, Chris Deeming accepts both donations via Paypal and Google Checkout.

General goal was to make this as compatible as possible and easy to update when needed.

I think Chris Deeming has done a wonderful job so far and I look forward to seeing the finished product. :)

This has been an extensive project and it's not easy task to import CHEditor into another 3rd party product, such as XenForo, let alone have it as an add-on (as we do now). So this is something I'm committed into funding.

But if anyone else here wishes to make a contribution to the on going development of this extensive release, Chris Deeming accepts both donations via Paypal and Google Checkout.
Thanks Adam,

In the process of moving house so back to full speed next week (y)

Can't wait to see the finished version of this. Quick questions
1) How easy it is to add buttons to the editor?
2) What happens to bbcode that loads externals source (youtube, etc). When you do a preview, do they show up?

Can't wait to see the finished version of this. Quick questions
1) How easy it is to add buttons to the editor?
2) What happens to bbcode that loads externals source (youtube, etc). When you do a preview, do they show up?
Yes, YouTube works on save. But in the pre-view as stated, this still shows the raw post (bb codes and links)

If you have a test site (must stress that) .... Try it out and see if you can find any other bugs or browser issues. We're debugging for the next build (hopefully alpha or beta)

Yes, YouTube works on save. But in the pre-view as stated, this still shows the raw post (bb codes and links)

If you have a test site (must stress that) .... Try it out and see if you can find any other bugs or browser issues. We're debugging for the next build (hopefully alpha or beta)

Adam Howard, I have a test site, will try it.

Top Bottom