1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allow only OP and certain user group to Reply to threads?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by seven8time, Jul 15, 2016.

1. seven8time

seven8time New Member

I searched through this forum but only found older threads. I also have a Demo site up, but I cannot find the option or don't know where to look.

I want to create a Node and Forum for Customer Support. To reduce trolling or wrong information, I would like to set this forum such that only the OP can reply to their own thread, as well as a specific group of users (Community Support Staff), and of course Mod/Admin.

Is this possible? Is it an add-on? Thanks!
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is only the 'View threads by others' permissions, which allows you to create a 'ticket' type forum - so only the thread started and staff can see the posts.

To control posting on threads as you have requested would require an add-on though.
  3. seven8time

seven8time New Member

Thanks for that. I would like the threads viewable to everyone. Does anyone know of an add-on that does what I'm looking for? Does anyone commission to make add-ons? Thanks.
  4. seven8time

seven8time New Member