1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alexa Ranking Question

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Nov 23, 2011.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I started my vBulletin 4 forum on 8/8/2010. I added Wordpress this past summer. I imported the vBulletin 4 forum to Xenforo on Oct 26th. Back in 10/26/11 my site was ranked around... 200,000 or 300,ooo something in the U.S. I made most of my site private on 11/8/2011. My site is now ranked 99,400 something in the US. How in the hell did my site jump that high AFTER I made it public? I haven't been doing any SEO work at all whatsoever.

What I'm would like to know is... did the site rankings rise in between the time I moved to xenforo (starting 10/26/2011) or after I made the forum private on 11/8/2011? Why would it jump after the site goes private? I'm thoroughly confused.

2. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

Look at the chart. The rankings are based on the last 3 months the last I looked.

The8thLegion likes this.
  3. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Okay I get it now thanks. I didn't notice that until now. I do see where the site is going down in rankings cause I made it private. It's almost a month now. Also, I'm making almost no money from Google adsense anymore. This really sucks. I want to make it public but there's this little issue that made me go private in the first place. http://xenforo.com/community/posts/291830/

4. Carlos

Carlos Well-Known Member

Your sites are on xenforo, I wouldn't worry about that stuff you linked to.

Make it public. Those people who leech your content are going to be de-ranked on google and other Search Engines anyway.

My MW3Blog content are leeched a few times, but their website is so empty that it makes them look like a worthless website.

The8thLegion likes this.
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Thanks for the good advice. Yeah I made it public after realizing I screwed up traffic by making it private.

6. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

You can send DMCA's to those people. Is there not a way to remove the RSS feed from xF?

7. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

The site he stole an entire forum from is not my site but I let the admin know.