Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 2.10.13

No permission to download
On my forum, before installing this add-on, one click/view of the alerts immediately marked them all read. After installing it, they each would be marked read one at a time. Not sure what you're talking about...
Well you can verify it using the notifications on this Xenforo forum, since they work exactly like default. If I click the bell they do NOT automatically become marked as read. Yet when I installed this addon, they did.

Some screenshots (added to the Overview) showing the before & after of the changes/improvements this mod makes would be useful. IE: the grouping of notifications, etc..

Some screenshots (added to the Overview) showing the before & after of the changes/improvements this mod makes would be useful. IE: the grouping of notifications, etc..
Have you tried downgrading? I marked a bunch of stuff as "unread", and the alerts remained, and each one was cleared as I viewed the associated alert. Just as it should (version 2.10.3). I'd rather not post screenshots, as my forum is now private.

Regarding the screenshots, I was referring to the mod-maker. I turned off the addon for now. I'm not clear on the benefits and don't see a way to download old versions. How did you downgrade?

Regarding the screenshots, I was referring to the mod-maker. I turned off the addon for now. I'm not clear on the benefits and don't see a way to download old versions. How did you downgrade?
I disabled the mod in the Admin panel, deleted all of its files from my server, and removed its database entries. I then simply reinstalled 2.10.3, and everything is back to normal! :)

I downgraded to 2.10.3, and it began working as intended. :)
2.10.3 => 2.10.4 is a bugfix that should only be triggered when the migration from XF stock configuration to the add-on's configuration.

Can you check your alert preferences and see if the 'mark as unread' flags are set as expected?

2.10.3 => 2.10.4 is a bugfix that should only be triggered when the migration from XF stock configuration to the add-on's configuration.

Can you check your alert preferences and see if the 'mark as unread' flags are set as expected?
Ah...I didn't see that option. Mine is set to "per alert". I'm still using 2.10.3. Did that setting somehow reset when I upgraded?

Have you tried downgrading? I marked a bunch of stuff as "unread", and the alerts remained, and each one was cleared as I viewed the associated alert. Just as it should (version 2.10.3). I'd rather not post screenshots, as my forum is now private.
Wonder if it has anything to do with the (for me) multiple listings in the ACP options for the add-on to individualize (from what it appears) whether which is default for users.

Screen Shot 2023-07-15 at 9.14.22 PM.webp

The unread/new alert icon (aka the star) is if the alert was viewed in the last ~4 hours or so.
Was the star removed from recent updates? Our posters liked it :) Would be great to see a "star" for "unread" alerts. Settings, maybe?

Was the star removed from recent updates? Our posters liked it :) Would be great to see a "star" for "unread" alerts. Settings, maybe?
There is a style property* for it, it is just disabled by default it should be easy to enable it again.

The style property is under;
Alert Improvements => "Show recent alert icon on alert" and "Show unread alert icon on alert".

The admincp quick search will find those names.

There is a style property* for it, it is just disabled by default it should be easy to enable it again.

The style property is under;
Alert Improvements => "Show recent alert icon on alert" and "Show unread alert icon on alert".

The admincp quick search will find those names.
Great, enabled it. Love it, thanks!

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom