Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 2.10.13

No permission to download
It could be the alert summarization still, I'm currently rewriting those code paths which where largely unchanged since 2017 and are quite hard to follow/debug.
Thanks @Xon - appreciate the feedback and all the hard work you put in to helping us with your add-ons, both paid and free! đź‘Ť

• Love
Reactions: Xon
Bit of conflicting info here @Xon :)

Which is correct?

XF Addon Description:

Supported content types for alert summarization

• Posts, Conversation, Profile post, profile post comments Likes
  • Reactions (From Content Ratings)
  • Various conversation related alerts from Conversation Essentials for XF2

Alert Improvement Options:

1680883415072.png

There also appears to be a bug when trying to disable the flood check in the ACP. Entering 0 and saving changes it to 1.

1680883618079.png

Last edited:
One last thing (hopefully) :)

Attempting to enable Alerts page skips summarizing and then saving unchecks Alerts page skips summarizing, and attempting to set the alert summarization number and saving does not save the alert summarization number. Alerts pop-up skips mark read works as expected.

1680884160667.png

Bit of conflicting info here @Xon :)

Which is correct?

XF Addon Description:

Alert Improvement Options:

View attachment 284263
Fixed, was just out of date product description.

There also appears to be a bug when trying to disable the flood check in the ACP. Entering 0 and saving changes it to 1.

View attachment 284264
One last thing (hopefully) :)

Attempting to enable Alerts page skips summarizing and then saving unchecks Alerts page skips summarizing, and attempting to set the alert summarization number and saving does not save the alert summarization number. Alerts pop-up skips mark read works as expected.

View attachment 284266
Will be fixed in the next version.

There is a per-user option "Alerts pop-up skips mark read".

This can be configured as the default for new users, and then setup enabled for everyone else via bulk SQL:
SQL:
update xf_user_option
set sv_alerts_popup_skips_mark_read = 1;

OK this seems to be having an unexpected behavior for me - am I doing something wrong or do I need to downgrade?

Expected behavior (and what downgrade did):
  • reactions are marked read as soon as the alert button is clicked
  • quotes and subscribed threads remain unread until clicked

Current behavior with sv_alerts_popup_skips_mark_read = 1:
  • reactions and quotes and subscribed threads remain unread until clicked

Other than downgrading, how can I get back to the expected behavior? Thanks so much.

OK this seems to be having an unexpected behavior for me - am I doing something wrong or do I need to downgrade?
For now downgrade.

I'm working on an update which will allow configuring what is alerted and what is marked-read-on-view in the alerts-popup by admins for defaults and then for users as options. This requires more work, but I think maybe 1-3 weeks or so as an ETA.

Some members are seeing future dates
View attachment 285948
back to the future great scott GIF

For now downgrade.

I'm working on an update which will allow configuring what is alerted and what is marked-read-on-view in the alerts-popup by admins for defaults and then for users as options. This requires more work, but I think maybe 1-3 weeks or so as an ETA.

I have made significant progress with these changes, and it is in alpha/beta testing on my sites:

1684136894943.png

Selecting "user custom", expands:
1684136919893.png

AdminCP side:
1684137009179.png
(Yes, supports @NixFifty's Discord integration add-on)

I plan to add a "XF2.2 preset", and also the ability to setup other default settings. ie "Less alerts" (without reaction alerts). But haven't implemented this yet.

The migration progress is a little rough and I need to test this more.

I have made significant progress with these changes, and it is in alpha/beta testing on my sites:

View attachment 285995

Selecting "user custom", expands:
View attachment 285996

AdminCP side:
View attachment 285997
(Yes, supports @NixFifty's Discord integration add-on)

I plan to add a "XF2.2 preset", and also the ability to setup other default settings. ie "Less alerts" (without reaction alerts). But haven't implemented this yet.

The migration progress is a little rough and I need to test this more.
Cool. Looking forward to it! Love the mod!

Top Bottom