Alert Improvements by Xon

Alert Improvements by Xon 2.10.13

No permission to download
Did something change with the latest update? Suddenly our users are complaining, that alerts are marked as read automatically when they open the popup.

Hehe, i know that a lot was fixed but i didn't assume that a default behaviour was changed.

Did something change with the latest update? Suddenly our users are complaining, that alerts are marked as read automatically when they open the popup.
I agree. I even went back to the previous version because of this. Not only that, but I really disliked the XF default action that removed the number of alerts still left, even if some were still unread.

I read the updates, but honestly, 2.8.22 has been working perfectly....

Ugh. I've got another update which was even more stalled which would allow configuring the 'auto read' functionality which was preventing this from happening.

Ugh. I've got another update which was even more stalled which would allow configuring the 'auto read' functionality which was preventing this from happening.
No problem. I really appreciate your efforts! :)

Xon updated Alert Improvements by Xon with a new update entry:

2.9.2 - Bugfix update

• Require Standard Library by Xon v1.18.0+
  • Fix alert summarizing only triggered on +25 unread alerts instead of the user-defined threshold
  • Fix summary alerts in the alert pop-up would be pushed under the just read alerts as if it had been read a while ago
  • Adjust "Alert summarize limit" option description text to better describe what a limit of 0 does (ie no limit)

Read the rest of this update entry...

I suggest a system that aggregate alerts like Facebook.
Example "User A, User Be and other 10 users has liked your content".

Since upgrading this morning (I was a few versions behind), when clicking the Alert counter, they all instantly get marked as read - is there a way to disable this?

There is a per-user option "Alerts pop-up skips mark read".

This can be configured as the default for new users, and then setup enabled for everyone else via bulk SQL:
SQL:
update xf_user_option
set sv_alerts_popup_skips_mark_read = 1;

Thanks for the update @Xon - having run the query some members are still saying their alerts are all being marked read.

I've checked their user account and it shows the skips mark read option is enabled (so the query appears to have worked), but I wondered if this could this be a caching issue maybe? Any advice on how to get it working for them?

It could be the alert summarization still, I'm currently rewriting those code paths which where largely unchanged since 2017 and are quite hard to follow/debug.

Top Bottom