Lack of interest AJAX Mark Forum As Read (Click/Double Forum Marker)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I was going to suggest this myself - one of my members coded a vb mod that let's members double click on a thread icon to mark an individual thread read, and for admins and mods it's part of the inline moderation system - which I actually like better. Very useful on forums with lots of active topics :)

I so miss this feature on pretty much every forums these days after getting used to it on yours. :)
Would love to see it as standard on XenForo.

/SK

I was going to suggest this myself - one of my members coded a vb mod that let's members double click on a thread icon to mark an individual thread read, and for admins and mods it's part of the inline moderation system - which I actually like better. Very useful on forums with lots of active topics :)

Personally, I think it would be fantastic if the blue dot ("new post" indicator) could be clicked from the thread-list to instantly/quietly/easily mark the thread as read.

I didn't even know this feature existed in other forum software... am I an idiot? :P
Not at all, you demonstrate the primary reason we don't have it - double-click functionality is undiscoverable, and against the general web ui guidelines. In retrospect, I should not have introduced double-click behaviours into [the software I used to develop that you have all used] when I did.

I like these extra features but Kier is right, they are not exactly obvious. However, that is down IMO to bad help files. It would be easy to add a section "forum shortcuts" to the help section? I would like the ability to double click a forum as read, as like others I've got used to this in vB so whether discoverable or not, its become standard.

Agree that double-click functionality is harder to find. But for non important features like mark a forum (or thread) read I think it's excellent.
Personally I think that a huge point of marking a forum as read is to not having to opening it at all. I don't like the extra steps of first opening the forum, mark it as read and then go back.
At the same time extra links/buttons does clutter things up so a double-click is a great compromise imho.

/SK

I miss being able to actually do this, and both IPB and vB share this feature. Right now I have to go to the test forum, mark that read individually, and then finally go to What's new? I'd like to be able to make that first step a little easier, especially one forums where there's threads I just don't care about and want to not see showing up as new in my searches.

I miss being able to actually do this, and both IPB and vB share this feature. Right now I have to go to the test forum, mark that read individually, and then finally go to What's new? I'd like to be able to make that first step a little easier, especially one forums where there's threads I just don't care about and want to not see showing up as new in my searches.
vBulletin has &include and &exclude for its getnew/getdaily searches. Something similar here would be great :D

Top Bottom