• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Lack of interest AJAX Mark Forum As Read (Click/Double Forum Marker)

Onimua

I didn't even know this feature existed in other forum software... am I an idiot? :p
vBulletin as it--double clicking on a forum icon or a thread icon will mark that thread read. IPB has it, however it's a single click on the forum to mark it read (I don't like that), but I'm not sure if the same happens at all for threads.

Alex

vBulletin as it--double clicking on a forum icon or a thread icon will mark that thread read. IPB has it, however it's a single click on the forum to mark it read (I don't like that), but I'm not sure if the same happens at all for threads.
I never knew this :eek:

**goes off to try and find a manual for vB4* *

Ahmed

No, Only on a forum icon, it does not work with threads unless you are a moderator or admin and that won't make the thread read, it will close or open the thread, not make it read.

Onimua

No, Only on a forum icon, it does not work with threads unless you are a moderator or admin and that won't make the thread read, it will close or open the thread, not make it read.
You're right on that, I knew the thread had a double-click event too but I got it confused. :)

Vilandra

I was going to suggest this myself - one of my members coded a vb mod that let's members double click on a thread icon to mark an individual thread read, and for admins and mods it's part of the inline moderation system - which I actually like better. Very useful on forums with lots of active topics :)