Lack of interest AJAX Mark Forum As Read (Click/Double Forum Marker)

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I didn't even know this feature existed in other forum software... am I an idiot? :p

vBulletin as it--double clicking on a forum icon or a thread icon will mark that thread read. IPB has it, however it's a single click on the forum to mark it read (I don't like that), but I'm not sure if the same happens at all for threads.

vBulletin as it--double clicking on a forum icon or a thread icon will mark that thread read. IPB has it, however it's a single click on the forum to mark it read (I don't like that), but I'm not sure if the same happens at all for threads.

I never knew this :eek:

**goes off to try and find a manual for vB4* *

No, Only on a forum icon, it does not work with threads unless you are a moderator or admin and that won't make the thread read, it will close or open the thread, not make it read.

No, Only on a forum icon, it does not work with threads unless you are a moderator or admin and that won't make the thread read, it will close or open the thread, not make it read.

You're right on that, I knew the thread had a double-click event too but I got it confused. :)

I was going to suggest this myself - one of my members coded a vb mod that let's members double click on a thread icon to mark an individual thread read, and for admins and mods it's part of the inline moderation system - which I actually like better. Very useful on forums with lots of active topics :)

Top Bottom