Resource icon

Aggregating Forums [Paid] 2.8.1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
That is actually a XenForo bug!

In the forum_post_thread_chooser template, there is {$node.description|strip_tags}, the strip_tags is incorrect as nodes are permitted to have HTML in their description.

In the forum_post_thread_chooser template, look for the lines which match{$node.description|strip_tags} replace with {$node.description}. There are a couple of them

Differences from the native XF2.2 "Search Forums"
  • Aggregating Forums is configured per-forum instead of a new node type
  • Allows user-opt out/in
  • Is live, instead of cached search results

Differences from the native XF2.2 "Search Forums"
  • Aggregating Forums is configured per-forum instead of a new node type
  • Allows user-opt out/in
  • Is live, instead of cached search results

Performance wise, which is better?

They do different things.

Search Forums allow pulling arbitrary thread search criteria into a child forum. Aggregating Forums lets you pull child-forums into the parent forum's thread list.

None of the options for this feature works in XF2.2. The forum name just doesn't show up as expected.

1599310033703.webp

Not easily as it uses the standard forum part layout which doesn't have an easy css hook for that.

I tried to find the <a href= tag this add-on added for sub-forums in the hope of adding a CSS class so that I can define in extra.less but couldn't find it.

When you hide a forum from the nodes list, the threads appear in the aggregated forum but they doesn't appear under latest posts on the forum list.

In my opinion this is a bug. If you have a lot of threads created in subforums but no threads in the "main" forum in the forum list it seems there is no activity at all. Once you click on that forum, you see a lot of new threads. So there is no reason why threads appear in a forum but doesn't appear under latest posts.

Hope you can fix this @Xon! :)

Top Bottom