Resource icon

Aggregating Forums [Paid] 2.8.1

No permission to buy ($30.00)
It looks like with this current update "Allow changing forum aggregation settings" is no longer working. Groups where this is set to no can still remove the filters.

It looks like with this current update "Allow changing forum aggregation settings" is no longer working. Groups where this is set to no can still remove the filters.
They can't change permanent settings, but it is allowing to change temporary settings. I may need to revise this so without those options they can't change filters either (probably not even show them in that case)

They can't change permanent settings, but it is allowing to change temporary settings. I may need to revise this so without those options they can't change filters either (probably not even show them in that case)

I'd appreciate it! I'll be waiting to upgrade until then.

Xon updated Aggregating Forums with a new update entry:

2.2.1 - Fix possible thread disclosure bug

• Fix that if a child forum does not grant a viewing user the "View threads by others" permission, and it is aggregated into a parent forum which does, results in title/last post/etc information for threads (from the child forum) being unexpectedly disclosed.
    • This only applies if the child forum is visible to the user
    • This affects all version of the XF2 version of this add-on before 2.2.1
  • Fix compatibility with Collaborative Threads if the aggregated child forum lacks the "View threads by others" but the viewing user would not see threads that they are a collaborator...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon I think I found a bug. With the addon enabled the Post Thread button shows in nodes where the member does not have permission to post a new thread. In my case this is happening with non-aggregated nodes (not sure about with aggregated nodes).

Reactions: Xon
@Xon it doesn't work with thread filter addon at the moment 😢

Did AddonsLab code it in a way that it could be compatible?

Last edited:
Top Bottom