I have been using my own email address on my site and it seems every time a spammer gets through I tend to get more spam in my spam folder so I am asking for advice on which is the best way to set my forum email up.
Things to note:
1. I have my own dedicated server so I can do what I like and includes smtp email capabilty
2. I have my forums on Forum-domain.com
3. I have my personal email on Personal-domain.com
4. I have grandfather rights to the free Google Apps so my Personal-domain.com email is handled by Gmail with my Personal-domain.com address - I use Gmail on my PC, Phone, Tablet and as the domain for my family email addresses
5. I want to setup the XF feature of automatic bounce email handling
6. I am changing my personal email address of xyz@Personal-domain.com that I have been using on my XF site, and is the only email address I will monitor, to a completely new fresh one to get rid of the existing spam
What I was thinking and need advice on whether this would be the best/right way is:
1. Set up a no-reply@Forum-domain.com email address (server smtp) with an auto reply saying this email address is not valid.
2. Enter the no-reply address into the "Default Email Address" in the Email Options of my site. I am assuming that registration verification, thread notifications etc would use this email address
3. Enter my new personal email address into the "Contact Email Address" in the Email Options of my site. I am assuming that "Contact Us" emails would come to this personal email address
4. Set up a bounce@Forum-domain.com email address (server smtp) and use that for the XF bounce email address feature
Any advice is greatly appreciated...thanks