Implemented Advanced Navigation Tabs and Sub-Tabs

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
explain that better for me if you could before I answer the wrong question here.. :) ....
and just want to be clear this is a mockup...I don't think I've the talent yet to build a true addon product...my mockups are just visual renditions of how I see a system working with the least resistance.

I will try and answer what I think you want to know....
Would you also want tab order done here ?
I really wouldn't want to add those buttons there as I see it better to do it the same way forums, pages, and categories are done with "Display Order:" . Think of the way you create a custom page in XenForo..when you look at the node tree later...you can click on the node to see it's properties/details. I image a button system that shows the navigation buttons and their dependents similarly to the pagenode display and upon clicking will bring you into the button properties page.

How could developers get their tabs in your admin tool ?
The "Create New Button" Button which would bring them to a blank button properties page which they would name and set to which parent button node if any applied as well as the address that the button point to.

I can finish the other pages in the mockup to clear up the confusion if that would help?[/quote]

The "Create New Button" Button which would bring them to a blank button properties page which they would name and set to which parent button node if any applied as well as the address that the button point to.
Could Jaxel automatically make a Tab for his Portal that would show up in your Tab Manager ?
IMO: I think Tabs / Subtabs, both Names and Order, would benefit in being in one location.

I don't use porta so I couldn't tell you that but with what I'm suggesting is a system to manage your navigation bar and would show any tab/button/sub-menu in the navigation area...the extra buttons on the navigation node tree as I would call it would be too crowded in my opinion though I understand your point as as well. My whole thing is that when I go to display node tree to look at the forums pages and categories structure, the display order is in the individual node's settings page and I would think the mod would look better done in a way that is succinct with the way the system already uses for inputting the display order of a given item. A halfway meeting point of concession for us would be to have the side location of your arrows...with my wanting to have it use display order with boxes you fill with values. I don't like the arrow feeling. I want to feel like I have control and a editable value form works for me and I think your point was to have the display options right there on the first page of the navigation tree display which this would accomplish. How does that sit with you?

I think this should really be a core feature as well, we should have a way to edit the navigation tree from within the ACP.

I would love to see this. Thought of copy-passing changes to each style registered on my forum is too painfull to bear.

I think there should be an admin option to add Admin Defined Tabs and then their Sub Tabs in the navigation menu like below:

Home > Members > Admin Defined Tab 1 > Admin Defined Tab 2 > Help
Admin Defined Sub Tab 1 > Sub Tab 2 > Sub Tab 3 > Sub Tab 4

In vbulletin, we have to do it manually in navbar template.
i agree. its 2010 2011 already.
we need a menu/nav editor in the acp.

Does this work for you guys ?
NavManager: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/navmanager.14425/

They added a page system though, so it's already more than a forum system, adding a small feature like enabling a checkbox to auto-add a navigation tab would just provide that little bit more integration.
You can't display the Pages outside the Forum Tab *and* the Pages aren't editable outside the AdminCP. Not to mention they don't support bbcode.
and the only tab outside the Forums was the Home Tab .. which wasn't a real tab at the start ... it was just a re-direct.

Top Bottom