Implemented Advanced Navigation Tabs and Sub-Tabs

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Would definitely love this.
smile.png

I think there should be an admin option to add Admin Defined Tabs and then their Sub Tabs in the navigation menu like below:
Home > Members > Admin Defined Tab 1 > Admin Defined Tab 2 > Help
Admin Defined Sub Tab 1 > Sub Tab 2 > Sub Tab 3 > Sub Tab 4
In vbulletin, we have to do it manually in navbar template.
Agree 100% here. (First Post Liked)
This should be instituted very soon after XenForo 1.0.

Developers also need to be able to Add their own Tabs - and they should be able to "Control" where the Tab goes.

Xenforo is killer forum software ... already.
I also notice the Home Tab and thought ... hey these guys are already thinking of their users ... who want more than just a forum.
then I found out the Home Tab was a bit of a "fake" Tab - I was a wee bit disappointed.

Ohh this is something I CAN do will have it done before I sleep...promise at least a good chunk started if I get really tired.

i think this picture will help.
its the way worpdpress work. you can drag/drop/create the menueitems as you like

Attachments

• tabs.webp
    tabs.webp
    43.4 KB · Views: 57
Ohh this is something I CAN do will have it done before I sleep...promise at least a good chunk started if I get really tired.
I have the first part done how I picture it, now for the button editor page...

edit: @ 11:05 EST: My 2 year old niece came over and after exhausting me she decided it would be fun to make pancakes...(don't get your kids food based playthings) so after making whole wheat and a from scratch dessert chocolate pancake with chocolate on top she passed out...this was minutes ago...I am a mess, catching up on posts, and need to clean up then I will post my mockup which is nearly done.

Great idea! It's nice to use it for the addons....like menu Games -> Arcade, Poker, Media -> Xenmedio, Events etc.

i think this picture will help.
its the way worpdpress work. you can drag/drop/create the menueitems as you like

I was just going to suggest this, wordpress does this very well, it allows you to add different menus to different places such as header and footer menus.

This would be awesome!

Top Bottom