Implemented Advanced Navigation Tabs and Sub-Tabs

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Rather than creating a duplicate thread, I'm bumping this one. This is something vBulletin lacked forever that XF should definitely have. It would be so useful to have especially since XF has real tabs where vB always used to just have single links (prior to 4.0).

This is still something vBulletin lacks. Stock VB doesn't allow you to modify nav tabs. The 4-5 nav tab mods available only allow you to add nav tabs and their dropdown children. You can't go beyond that, so designing a goal-oriented menu is not possible unless you want to manually code one yourself (which I had to do).

I have to say Jakes Nodes as Tabs is cracking . It does everything I need to add links. Plus his support is bar none. I never seen someone reply so quick to help something. I can only think of four more in this community.

Oooh I'd love it if it comes... more and more addons provide navtabs and if you have a style with big navtabs, you'll reach the end of possibilities after you install 2-3 Addons...

that's my problem exactly. after a few addons, my navbar causes my page design to break. i just think it would be neat to have a a customizable navigation bar like wordpress has... that would be kinda revolutionary for a bulletin board software in my book :)

I had the same problem but then i moved the navigation to the top for more room. Of course that is my test board. Live one has several links .

Attachments

• new header.webp
    new header.webp
    8.3 KB · Views: 15
For my menu bar I let all members view the moderator bar (without the moderator links of course). I basically used Floren's XenFans UserBar template mod. The Moderator links only show when there is a reported or moderator item alert. AdminCP only shows if you have the rights. I put extra links to the moderator bar to make it easier for members to navigate. For the main navigation menu links, I combined modifications with others so that they share some of the same routes.

For example, the games section shares the same route as xfarcade, xbox live leaderboards and ebookie. The Social groups section shares the same routes as jaxel's events mod. The blogs section shares the same route as jaxel's wiki mod and the help section as well. The hardest part of menu navigation links is figuring out how to organize them and 7 months later after installing xenforo, I'm finally satisfied about how I set mine up.

userbar.webp

Top Bottom