Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
another question, when using multiple files to rotate in a single location, is there a limit to the number of files i can load ? 50,100, 200 ? or no limit

@Siropu I'm seeing rectangular/responsive ads when they should be horizontal banner ads when using a mobile device such as my iPhone 15 Pro MAX. On the PC its showing as set, 970x90, but on the iPhone it's using responsive ads from google which are mainly coming in as larger rectangular ads.

The ad has a custom HTML with the following in google's code:

style="display:inline-block;width:970px;height:90px"

The package uses AUTO for the size but even changing it to 970x90 is not constraining the ad.

My site is https://rvforums.com

The package uses AUTO for the size but even changing it to 970x90 is not constraining the ad.
This sounds to me like google does what it wants when displaying ads. Try using a response adsense unit or use a mobile size ad for mobile devices.

I checked Google Adsense settings and I don't use auto ads so yea, I agree Google is doing what they want. I guess we'd have to constrain them in a div or something so the height can't grow beyond what the ad placement sets?

How can I specify a mobile size ad in your add-on?

Horizontal responsive tried - now I got larger rectangles on the PC side, no change in mobile.

I guess we'd have to constrain them in a div or something so the height can't grow beyond what the ad placement sets?
When you set a fixed size in the ad settings, it does just that. Since the adsense unit you are using has a fixed ad size set, it should display ads for that size but it looks like they are deciding to make it "responsive" for mobile devices.

Hello @Siropu , greetings. Please i just bought the Ads Manager add-on, i'm having a bit of trouble setting it up. How do i make the ADVERTISER link/page with how to advertise details show up in user accounts? I've enabled it from admin but it's not displaying.

Do i need to create a user group for advertisers?

I'll appreciate your help on this.

@Siropu I'm seeing rectangular/responsive ads when they should be horizontal banner ads when using a mobile device such as my iPhone 15 Pro MAX. On the PC its showing as set, 970x90, but on the iPhone it's using responsive ads from google which are mainly coming in as larger rectangular ads.

The ad has a custom HTML with the following in google's code:

My site is https://rvforums.com
I've got the exact same issue.

When you set a fixed size in the ad settings, it does just that. Since the adsense unit you are using has a fixed ad size set, it should display ads for that size but it looks like they are deciding to make it "responsive" for mobile devices.
I haven't checked yet but are you injecting any media queries that will apply to the new iPhone 15 Pro Max to constrain sizes? I wonder if this is coincident with a new phone and possibly higher resolution causing this problem?

I haven't checked yet but are you injecting any media queries that will apply to the new iPhone 15 Pro Max to constrain sizes?
Yes, there is a CSS code that applies to both ad main container and ad container if they have a custom size set on mobile. Not sure what was the thought process behind that.

Remove this part from siropu_ads_manager_ad.less template and see if things are better:

CSS:
.samCustomSize:not(.samCarousel), .samCustomSize:not(.samCarousel) @{samItem}
    {
        width: 100% !important;
        height: auto !important;
    }

When using "Above content" position, it won't let me save "Thread ID is NOT:" under position criteria. Is this because it's not a thread specific position? If we're trying to avoid loading ads in a specific thread on the "Above content", what would be the best approach?

The thread specific positions work fine when excluding the ads, just not this one.

Yes, there is a CSS code that applies to both ad main container and ad container if they have a custom size set on mobile. Not sure what was the thought process behind that.

Remove this part from siropu_ads_manager_ad.less template and see if things are better:

CSS:
.samCustomSize:not(.samCarousel), .samCustomSize:not(.samCarousel) @{samItem}
    {
        width: 100% !important;
        height: auto !important;
    }
No change for me. It appears the resolution of the iPhone 15 Pro Max is 2796 x 1290

Hello @Siropu , please about the Payment method, do i need to install an external add-on or is it something that i can configure from the set up? If i need to install an add-on, can you recommend one for me?
Regards.
Nevermind, i figured it out.:)

Last edited:
do i need to install an external add-on or is it something that i can configure from the set up?
It works with the payment providers already available in XF. Go to ACP > Setup > Setup Payment profiles

The Payment profiles you create there cab be used in Ads Manager (you have to select them in admin options).

Top Bottom