Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Anybody had issues with the device criteria being ignored? I have ads designated for mobile devices showing up on the desktop. Is there something I should look into? We've had no major changes

Anybody had issues with the device criteria being ignored? I have ads designated for mobile devices showing up on the desktop. Is there something I should look into? We've had no major changes
Sharing cookies between browsers/devices? Just a thought, not sure how @Siropu has that coded.

I noticed today in user group permissions the permission:

Can hide ads (from account preferences)

I wasn't aware of this and I actually sell a user upgrade for an ad free experience. So I turned this permission OFF, it should have been OFF by default (suggestion) but now if someone had the opportunity to hide ads and now I turned off this permission, will ads be shown for them?

Are you using page caching?
Yes. I've purged everything and it's still trying to load the desktop and mobile ads.

The code for the ad supplied by by ad company uses the same ID for desktop & mobile leaderboard ads. So they can tell if it's mobile or desktop. The module is including the mobile ad on the desktop and their code puts two desktop sized ads on the page. So they are picking up that it's desktop, but the module no longer does.

Last edited:
I had to turn the LAZY LOADING with 9 second refresh OFF last night, because it gives 4 odd errors if you idle on the page for several minutes. I was able to duplicate it with Chrome or Firefox. Turning that feature off eliminated the errors.

I was allowing advertisers 2 banners per contract/ad, and it was cycling between them. It worked well, as long as you didn't leave it sitting there for 30 minutes or longer :) I often leave my computer sitting in Siropu Chat, which I figured was the cause (but it wasnt). I was able to disable each, and then just this feature, to determine that setting as the source.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

1696359074483.webp

Last edited:
I want to make 4 ads appear under the 11th post. Is this possible without a conditional?
I got it now. Thanks. I thought it wasn't working but it was because I had the wrong position set.

One more question, what is the best size for mobile ads. I want to have ads that only display on mobile devices.

Hello Siropu!
For banner ads, is there any way we can make target url optional? For now, it seems banner ads requires a href by default.

Is it perhaps possible, as in the link, that Amazon advertising is created via the theme title ?
I think that is very effective

Apologies if this has been covered before but does this add on support banners being added in the space to the side of forums that use fixed width themes?

Fixed-width.webp

Is it perhaps possible, as in the link, that Amazon advertising is created via the theme title ?
I don't understand what you mean.

does this add on support banners being added in the space to the side of forums that use fixed width themes?
You can achieve that with a custom CSS class.
Something like this (add in extra.less temlate):
CSS:
.itemForumLeft
{
    position: absolute;
    top: 200px;
    left: 100px;
}
.itemForumRight
{
    position: absolute;
    top: 200px;
    right: 100px;
}

Create a package for the left side and add in the "Css class" input the itemForumLeft class and itemForumRight for the other package. You can select position "Below top breadcrumb" for both.

Siropu updated Ads Manager 2 by Siropu with a new update entry:

Improvements & Bug Fixes

Added new position criteria option: Post has at least X words

Improved forum selection for promo & sticky ads, using XF's node tree view.

Banner ads can now be used without target URL when created from ACP.

Removed the option to clone promo & sticky ad types since these are tied to specific threads.

Bugs Fixed

Fixed an issue where Device and Geo criteria set from the package would not affect the ads if they are purchased. Now this will be work unless the advertiser has the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom