Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Hello,
the Ads Manager is a great tool.
Is it possible to define, which ads a user can disable and which ads not? Maybe a field "ad can't be disabled by user"?

Thanks

Hello,
I found two small errors in the phrases, here they are:
siropu_ads_manager_pause_ad_explain
This option allows you to pause your ad if your website is down for maintenance or having technichal dificulties and don't want to send traffic during that time.

siropu_ads_manager_promo_code_active_on_x
The promo code wil be active on {date}

On the other hand, a certain number of elements do not seem to be translatable, is this voluntary?
Positions :

Capture web_11-11-2022_195321_localhost.webp

Capture d’écran 2022-11-11 200549.webp

Thanks.

Can I use this to display specific banners in specific nodes?
Yeah, you can set very granular settings through the packages part of the addon so that specific banners in that package appear in designated nodes. You can also specify where it appears in the node, it's almost overwhelming how many options there are with the default positions that are in the addon.

Yeah, you can set very granular settings through the packages part of the addon so that specific banners in that package appear in designated nodes. You can also specify where it appears in the node, it's almost overwhelming how many options there are with the default positions that are in the addon.
That's amazing!! Does anyone have an sop or instructions for doing so?

That's amazing!! Does anyone have an sop or instructions for doing so?

The base setting shown here would show the selected banners above and below the thread list in the selected node (see next image)

1668441745986.webp

In the "Page Criteria" section, I've selected 3 nodes where the ads would run (Demo A, B & C)

1668441896930.webp

So the uploaded banners for this ad would show above and below thread list in each of the selected nodes above. You can also break this down further and have the ads show in a specific position in the thread list (which can be set in the "Position Criteria" tab and you enter the number of the position, like 10 and 11, so the banners would show after the 10th and 11th thread in the thread list page) I didn't have an example for the top and bottom to show, sorry.

1668442070848.webp

The base setting shown here would show the selected banners above and below the thread list in the selected node (see next image)

View attachment 276464

In the "Page Criteria" section, I've selected 3 nodes where the ads would run (Demo A, B & C)

View attachment 276465

So the uploaded banners for this ad would show above and below thread list in each of the selected nodes above. You can also break this down further and have the ads show in a specific position in the thread list (which can be set in the "Position Criteria" tab and you enter the number of the position, like 10 and 11, so the banners would show after the 10th and 11th thread in the thread list page) I didn't have an example for the top and bottom to show, sorry.

View attachment 276466
Thanks but I don't need banners to display in the thread list. I need them to display in the nodes on the main page. Like this.

Screenshot (1).webp

I am intending to transfer my licence for this to another of my forums, but in advance of doing that I am doing a test on the other site test forum.

However after disabling on my original forum I get these errors:

(note that this is when disabled , not uninstalled, as I don't yet want to commit to the transfer too the other site)

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Function sam_counter is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1106
Generated by: Unknown account Nov 14, 2022 at 5:21 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/caf/publi...', 1106)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1106): trigger_error('Function sam_co...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(87): XF\Template\Templater->func('sam_counter', Array, false)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('signature', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(103): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('signature', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('content', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(128): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('content', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('main_cell_inner', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#11 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(142): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('main_cell_inner', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#12 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('main_cell', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#14 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(154): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('main_cell', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#15 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#16 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('full_body', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#17 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(184): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('full_body', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#18 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#19 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(139): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\MacroState))
#20 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/thread_view.php(923): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->callMacro(NULL, 'post_macros::po...', Array, Array)
#21 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#22 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true, NULL)
#23 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array)
#24 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#25 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#26 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#27 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#28 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#29 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#30 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#31 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#32 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(38) "/threads/my-new-diy-pads.32733/page-11"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }

So just wondering this is normal or have I overlooked something?

Last edited:
Hello,
the Ads Manager is a great tool.
Is it possible to define, which ads a user can disable and which ads not? Maybe a field "ad can't be disabled by user"?

Thanks
Hello again, is there also a function, were i can have a popup that only happens once a day/week/month per user?
Thanks

I have done this but I am not seeing anything.

View attachment 276475

View attachment 276476
you'll need to check your ad criteria display; there may be another setting you have somewhere that is preventing the display. (most simple answer is that you may not have configured the ad viewing permission if you are just starting out with this addon.) If you still cannot see the ad listing, check the site with the default theme to make sure there's no styling conflicts that would block the ad placement. (I doubt it, but just to double-check everything)

1668529439893.webp

I am intending to transfer my licence for this to another of my forums, but in advance of doing that I am doing a test on the other site test forum.

However after disabling on my original forum I get these errors:

(note that this is when disabled , not uninstalled, as I don't yet want to commit to the transfer too the other site)

Code:
ErrorException: Template error: [E_USER_WARNING] Function sam_counter is unknown src/XF/Template/Templater.php:1106
Generated by: Unknown account Nov 14, 2022 at 5:21 PM
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(512, '[E_USER_WARNING...', '/home/caf/publi...', 1106)
#1 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1106): trigger_error('Function sam_co...', 512)
#2 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(87): XF\Template\Templater->func('sam_counter', Array, false)
#3 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#4 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('signature', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(103): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('signature', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#7 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('content', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#8 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(128): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('content', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#9 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#10 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('main_cell_inner', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#11 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(142): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('main_cell_inner', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#12 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#13 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('main_cell', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#14 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(154): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('main_cell', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#15 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(987): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#16 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(923): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtensionInternal('full_body', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#17 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/post_macros.php(184): XF\Template\Templater->renderExtension('full_body', Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#18 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(824): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#19 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/Templater.php(139): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('post_macros', 'post', Array, Array, Object(XF\Template\MacroState))
#20 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s109/public/thread_view.php(923): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\Templater->callMacro(NULL, 'post_macros::po...', Array, Array)
#21 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1651): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater), Array, Object(XF\Template\ExtensionSet))
#22 src/addons/MaZ/AMP/XF/Template/XF22/Templater.php(52): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('thread_view', Array, true, NULL)
#23 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): MaZ\AMP\XF\Template\XF22\Templater->renderTemplate('public:thread_v...', Array)
#24 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(50): XF\Template\Template->render()
#25 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(460): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('XF:Thread\\View', 'public:thread_v...', Array)
#26 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(442): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#27 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(402): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#28 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(60): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#29 src/XF/App.php(2353): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#30 src/XF.php(524): XF\App->run()
#31 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#32 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(38) "/threads/my-new-diy-pads.32733/page-11"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }

FWIW, I disabled v2.4.14 on our staging site and it didn't generate any errors while using the site normally. Did you have any caching enabled?

FWIW, I disabled v2.4.14 on our staging site and it didn't generate any errors while using the site normally. Did you have any caching enabled?
I may have found the issue, there were a couple of disabled ads that referenced a widget template from another addon that is disabled. Either that or there was a cache thing but seems to be OK now.

Reactions: ENF
Can this software be added to other areas of the site that are under different sub domains? For instance right now I am limited to where Xenforo wants my banners but I want to add a banner on the main page of my site before the message board

Also will installing this erase my current banners and settings or will they import over?

Can this software be added to other areas of the site that are under different sub domains? For instance right now I am limited to where Xenforo wants my banners but I want to add a banner on the main page of my site before the message board
Per @Siropu in a previous post, it can do this. I have not used this feature, but it I believe it can do what you are asking based on his comment previously. He did not specify subdomains, but my guess is that this would be covered under the external usage. From this update, this functionality was added:
Update said:
  • Ads/packages can now be embedded on any domain outside your XF installation.
I'd personally recommend working on your ad setup on a test installation to get a feel on how it works before changing anything on your live site.
Also will installing this erase my current banners and settings or will they import over?
It does not, at least not in my experience. If you've got ads running using XF's system, those aren't touched since this addon builds it's own positions. Best practice would be installing this addon on and creating ad packages to systematically merge your old ads into the new system.

Top Bottom