Ads Manager 2 by Siropu

Ads Manager 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.4.22

No permission to buy (€49.99)
Per @Siropu in a previous post, it can do this. I have not used this feature, but it I believe it can do what you are asking based on his comment previously. He did not specify subdomains, but my guess is that this would be covered under the external usage. From this update, this functionality was added:

I'd personally recommend working on your ad setup on a test installation to get a feel on how it works before changing anything on your live site.

It does not, at least not in my experience. If you've got ads running using XF's system, those aren't touched since this addon builds it's own positions. Best practice would be installing this addon on and creating ad packages to systematically merge your old ads into the new system.

Thanks for the reply. :D

Reactions: ENF
Bug: You can't disable "Count Views" and "Count Clicks" in either a package or an add. If you uncheck them and save, it just rechecks them again.

I'm having an issue with the automatic adding and removing users from user groups.

Package A is a free custom service package which adds members to Group 0.
Package B is a paid text package which adds members to Group 1.

If a member has Package A active and they purchase Package B, they're removed from Group 0 (when they should be a member of both groups).

Adding advertisers to user groups set in individual packages will override each other.

@Siropu

This fixed that issue, thank you!

Unfortunately, members are no longer being removed from groups they're added to (when purchasing a package) after the ad expires. Please let me know if you need additional info :)

Unfortunately, members are no longer being removed from groups they're added to (when purchasing a package) after the ad expires.
The problem should be with old advertisers before the change I've made. It should work fine for new advertisers.

The problem should be with old advertisers before the change I've made. It should work fine for new advertisers.

I just tested with a few new test members and I'm seeing the same issue. I probably have 15 hours into testing this, and I have no idea what it could be. Maybe you can spot something in our configuration?

• Package #1 is a free lifetime package which adds the member to the group allowed to purchase the ad packages. Once the ad is created and the member added to the group, they should never be removed.
  • Package #2 is one of the paid ad packages. These are normally configured for periods of one month, but for testing purposes I'm using a single CPC click to trigger the package expiration.

Test 1 (baseline, one group, working as expected)
  1. Register new member
  2. Purchase ad package #2
  3. Verify they were added to the package #2 group (secondary groups: package #2 only)
  4. Click the banner
  5. Verify they were removed from the group (they were)

Test 2 (our setup)
  1. Register new member
  2. Purchase free package #1
  3. Verify they were added to the package #1 group (secondary groups: package #1 only)
  4. Purchase ad package #2
  5. Verify they were added to the package #2 group (secondary groups: package #1 and package #2)
  6. Click the banner
  7. Verify they were removed from the package #2 group (member was not removed from package #2 group, though ad was expired/removed)

Hopefully this is clear. Feel free to PM with any questions, additional info, dev site access, etc. I have no idea what could be going on here :confused:

Hi, we are using the "Lite" version of Ad Manager. Some of the positions such as "Node list below category x container" are not working for us and we have no idea why, and we have set the "Item ID" correctly as well, as we did for other positions which has the 'x' variable. But yeah, certain positions just simply aren't working, and when we turn on the "Enable position visualization" option, not all positions show up visualized.

Any idea what's going on here? Are some just not configured properly by default?

We use UIX.2, but we did test on the XF Default style, and same issue.

Thanks.

What have you set there? It requires the actual ID of that category under you want the ads to display.
OK, I tried just using the Node IDs and that seems to have worked. Thanks.

I had thought that anytime a position mentions "X", that we would have to go "x1" or "x2", etc.

Top Bottom