1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed AdminCP - Template/Phrases Revert

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by CFodder, Oct 6, 2010.

1. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Two problems here

1. Changed a setting in header.css, went to revert it, the red cross tooltip says "Revert the customisations to this template", however the confirmation screen asks if I want to delete the template.

2. Changed a phrase, the red cross next to that template's tooltip says" Delete ...". Confirmation screen also asks if I want to delete it.

In both cases should both the tooltips and confirmation say revert not delete?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Delete is the same as revert. I suppose this could be a problem of consistent wording though.

3. CFodder

CFodder Well-Known Member

Yeah I was thinking that Jake, wasn't game to try it though :p

4. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Just noticed this too. It can be confusing when you're new to XF.

5. NolF

NolF Active Member

It should be changed to revert template, it gave me a huge scare when I pressed the X and thught I would lose the template entirely :/ Then I realised the Alt text and proceeded, but still.

Attached Files:

6. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

+1
    Absolutely !

7. NolF

NolF Active Member

It seems that when you go to edit a modified template, the three options you get at the bottom are
    Save All changes - Save and exit - Delete template

It would be better for it to say "revert template" it's quite scary to say "delete" as I keep thinking I will no longer have access to it and it will cause trouble :(

8. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

I'll take a look and see if we can resolve this. The difficulty comes in debug mode, where delete really does mean delete, when working with the master style.

9. Allan

Allan Well-Known Member

Expressions edited into french language.

10. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

All sorted.

Screen shot 2010-11-25 at 13.07.07.png

11. Jeffin

Jeffin Well-Known Member

On my default template, I customised the footer and the tooltip says revert customisation but when I click the cross button, it says delete. I was confused so I searched for this topic here to be sure.