Custom Addon Development | Xenforo 2.x | Xenforo 1.x | Custom Styling | Migration Services (9+ Experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just recently started working with Fahad, and so far so good. He is a pleasure to communicate with, and has completed our first project for him in a timely manner. We still need to test, but so far seems to work as specified.

Just purchased addon as our users really missed a similar addon from another developer when we were running XF1.

Simple to install and configure.

Developer is very responsive to questions/support replying within minutes.

5+

Thanks!

I can't say enough good things about @fahad ashraf . I posted a thread regarding a custom addon and he immediately reached out to me. 24 hours later, the addon was completed! He is very professional and straight to the point. His communication was very good and he offered several ways to contact him. I reviewed the code for the addon and it looked good and secure. It did exactly what I needed it to do and the price was good.

If you need custom work done for Xenforo, fahad is your man.

I had an extremely disappointing experience with Fahad.

Timeline of events with my interaction went as follows:
Jan 30 - I contacted Fahad to see if he was interested in creating a custom addon for me, and migrating some data for the addon from the xf1.5 version.

Feb 7 - We discussed few times on skype after providing him initial specs. He agreed for the job and quoted me a price. I accepted and paid him 50% on the day the invoice was sent. In his earlier interactions he told me that he would provide me communication updates every 2 days, and with screenshots or videos. He also promised me that the work would be done prior to the start of the next season for me (sports forum) by March 16th at the latest. He stated, that the addon, data migration including testing and updates would be all done within 4 weeks.

Feb 17 - he mesgs me saying ACP part is nearly done and will provide me with addon for testing in next couple of days.

Feb 20 - very intermittent updates, and only when i ask him. Keeps saying he is busy doing it and that he was 'taking it easy' on it at the start but now working on it. Reiterates that he is sorry and will start providing me updates every 2 days. Sends me first screenshots, and addon version. Lots of bugs, things like saying to DB doesnt work. Server errors when going to screen etc.

Feb 22 - resends me an updated version, still myriad of issues with addon. I highlight all the issues. Says he has fixed it on his local installation.

Feb 28 - sends me screenshot. Not as intended from spec. I again tell him as defined in the spec.

March 5 - Says he will make a video demo from his install. Still so far away from completing the addon with the deadline coming closer and closer. Feel like not much done as agreed. Says he wont be able to complete the addon in time, and only provide main functionality of addon with some minor stuff missing incl data migration by March 16th. I agree based on what i have seen him do so far.

March 7 - Sends me update with screenshot.

March 9 & 10 - Ask for updates. I can see he read my messages by chose to ignore. Says he was sorry but on leave.

March 11 - Says he doesnt have enough money to pay for rent and wants advance on another $50. Alarm bells ring. So far extremely poor updates, lots of chasing up, and issues outlined before not fixed. Msgs being ignored, but very responsive when it comes to him asking for money money. Promises me regular updates from here on in again.

In the next couple of days he provides me regular updates and keeps asking me for more money to warrant his new found attitude and professionlism in providing updates. Still lots of issues with screenshots he shows me. Says he has done more than 70% of the work, yet still working on the ACP options and permissions, and with what he has shown me lots of issues. Asks for more money again.

March 18 - Cannot work due to 'seasonal temperatures'. We have missed the deadline. I just tell him to get it done as soon as he can and not rush as i can see lots of errors and issues creeping in.

March 26 - Has a health issue now. Going to see a psychologist for a stomach problem (WTF?)

April 5 - Ask for updates. Says he still hasnt been working on it. Dr has told him to rest. Says will be back to work in next couple of days.

I notify him that i will be away from 16th April to May 4 as i will be on holidays but made him aware of the specs and the stuff i found that there are issues with.

April 23rd - No communication from him so i ask whats going on. He says 'I was not working as you are on holidays, and will start working on it when you come back from holidays". I tell him the holiday was for me, not for him to not work on it.

He says his health is bad and dr has told him to rest up, and that he is not avoiding working on my work.

April 30 - I contact him for updates. Says he has worked on my addon "more than you have paid" Asks for more money. I say no, ask to provide screenshots for what he has done. Refuses to.

Says end of next month he will finish. If he cant he will get his friend to finish it for him.

Says his health problem stops him from working on the addon and to be more understanding. Says to forget the past bad experience with him to trust him again and that he will stop ignoring my mesgs and will send regular updates. Doesnt do so.

May 7 - Drs have finally diagnosed his issue and he has a 'psycholgical problem ' and that he has a hyperthyroid problem. Says one of his friends has started working on the addon to alleviate the issue. Confirms the addon will be finished by end of the month.

May 11 - I ask for updates or screenshots of what has been done. Been 8 weeks since i last say any new screenshot or updates. Notify him that there isnt much time left before end of the month and feel that the new deadline of the end of the month will be missed too. Says that i have paid 50% so far, but he has done more than 50% work and says dont pay anymore and get 50% of the code. Says his friend who is developing for him cannot be contactable and is unprofessional. Says he has a hard time getting screenshots for him.

Over the next day it becomes clear that 'the friend' has not been doing any work on it, and he is unable to send the screenshots. He says Doctor has told him to take a month or two rest and he cannot give me an estimate timeline for when he would be able to work on it again, whether that is a few weeks, months or years away. Doesnt want to give any dates. Ask him if he fixed the issues i outlined 6 weeks ago, asks 'what were the issues'...i know something is wrong. I ask for the addon.

Starts talking in the sense "If i am alive".

I give him an option. Take 1 month off, but after that month, i need updates every 2 days with screenshots and addon file every week to see what progress has been made. Says he will finish the addon within 2 months and if i am not happy, to not pay a single cent.

I refute that as i know hes just trying to buy more time and create more headaches for me having to chase him him. I give him the option - take 1 month off, but after that first month, to provide me updates every 2 days even if its a one line on skype, and provide screenshots and addon file at end of every week so i can test what has been worked on and provide feedback. He refutes and says he cannot provide addon file, and that would mean he is giving the code that he hasnt charged for.

May 14 - Provides me the addon so i can get someone to check what was done. Experienced coder i have used previously looks at the specs and says he did very little work, didnt use XF or PHP standards and can see many issues with the code for extendability. I call off the arrangement. Fahad says i should be happy 'you paid 50% of the addon and got more than 50% of the code". That is a bloody joke. He becomes feral in correspondence whilst at the same time asking to give him more time and one more chance.

No. Its over.

I take my losses and run away from him.

TLDR - I have used many developers from XF and never had such a painful experience as i did working with him. Its been excruciating asking him for updates and messages kept being ignored. In the meantime i found 2 xf users who had their addons developed by Fahad in the time he said he was extremely sick and not working, and another who Fahad has been corresponding with to do some work for him. In my opinion, he is just a level above a scammer, and cannot be trusted. Highly recommend not to use him and stay away from him. Promises will be broken. He is a lier, and exhibits extremely unprofessional behaviour. Has no sense of taking responsbility but rather good at making excuses and lying. BUYER BEWARE.

I had an extremely disappointing experience with Fahad.

Timeline of events with my interaction went as follows:
Jan 30 - I contacted Fahad to see if he was interested in creating a custom addon for me, and migrating some data for the addon from the xf1.5 version.

Feb 7 - We discussed few times on skype after providing him initial specs. He agreed for the job and quoted me a price. I accepted and paid him 50% on the day the invoice was sent. In his earlier interactions he told me that he would provide me communication updates every 2 days, and with screenshots or videos. He also promised me that the work would be done prior to the start of the next season for me (sports forum) by March 16th at the latest. He stated, that the addon, data migration including testing and updates would be all done within 4 weeks.

Feb 17 - he mesgs me saying ACP part is nearly done and will provide me with addon for testing in next couple of days.

Feb 20 - very intermittent updates, and only when i ask him. Keeps saying he is busy doing it and that he was 'taking it easy' on it at the start but now working on it. Reiterates that he is sorry and will start providing me updates every 2 days. Sends me first screenshots, and addon version. Lots of bugs, things like saying to DB doesnt work. Server errors when going to screen etc.

Feb 22 - resends me an updated version, still myriad of issues with addon. I highlight all the issues. Says he has fixed it on his local installation.

Feb 28 - sends me screenshot. Not as intended from spec. I again tell him as defined in the spec.

March 5 - Says he will make a video demo from his install. Still so far away from completing the addon with the deadline coming closer and closer. Feel like not much done as agreed. Says he wont be able to complete the addon in time, and only provide main functionality of addon with some minor stuff missing incl data migration by March 16th. I agree based on what i have seen him do so far.

March 7 - Sends me update with screenshot.

March 9 & 10 - Ask for updates. I can see he read my messages by chose to ignore. Says he was sorry but on leave.

March 11 - Says he doesnt have enough money to pay for rent and wants advance on another $50. Alarm bells ring. So far extremely poor updates, lots of chasing up, and issues outlined before not fixed. Msgs being ignored, but very responsive when it comes to him asking for money money. Promises me regular updates from here on in again.

In the next couple of days he provides me regular updates and keeps asking me for more money to warrant his new found attitude and professionlism in providing updates. Still lots of issues with screenshots he shows me. Says he has done more than 70% of the work, yet still working on the ACP options and permissions, and with what he has shown me lots of issues. Asks for more money again.

March 18 - Cannot work due to 'seasonal temperatures'. We have missed the deadline. I just tell him to get it done as soon as he can and not rush as i can see lots of errors and issues creeping in.

March 26 - Has a health issue now. Going to see a psychologist for a stomach problem (WTF?)

April 5 - Ask for updates. Says he still hasnt been working on it. Dr has told him to rest. Says will be back to work in next couple of days.

I notify him that i will be away from 16th April to May 4 as i will be on holidays but made him aware of the specs and the stuff i found that there are issues with.

April 23rd - No communication from him so i ask whats going on. He says 'I was not working as you are on holidays, and will start working on it when you come back from holidays". I tell him the holiday was for me, not for him to not work on it.

He says his health is bad and dr has told him to rest up, and that he is not avoiding working on my work.

April 30 - I contact him for updates. Says he has worked on my addon "more than you have paid" Asks for more money. I say no, ask to provide screenshots for what he has done. Refuses to.

Says end of next month he will finish. If he cant he will get his friend to finish it for him.

Says his health problem stops him from working on the addon and to be more understanding. Says to forget the past bad experience with him to trust him again and that he will stop ignoring my mesgs and will send regular updates. Doesnt do so.

May 7 - Drs have finally diagnosed his issue and he has a 'psycholgical problem ' and that he has a hyperthyroid problem. Says one of his friends has started working on the addon to alleviate the issue. Confirms the addon will be finished by end of the month.

May 11 - I ask for updates or screenshots of what has been done. Been 8 weeks since i last say any new screenshot or updates. Notify him that there isnt much time left before end of the month and feel that the new deadline of the end of the month will be missed too. Says that i have paid 50% so far, but he has done more than 50% work and says dont pay anymore and get 50% of the code. Says his friend who is developing for him cannot be contactable and is unprofessional. Says he has a hard time getting screenshots for him.

Over the next day it becomes clear that 'the friend' has not been doing any work on it, and he is unable to send the screenshots. He says Doctor has told him to take a month or two rest and he cannot give me an estimate timeline for when he would be able to work on it again, whether that is a few weeks, months or years away. Doesnt want to give any dates. Ask him if he fixed the issues i outlined 6 weeks ago, asks 'what were the issues'...i know something is wrong. I ask for the addon.

Starts talking in the sense "If i am alive".

I give him an option. Take 1 month off, but after that month, i need updates every 2 days with screenshots and addon file every week to see what progress has been made. Says he will finish the addon within 2 months and if i am not happy, to not pay a single cent.

I refute that as i know hes just trying to buy more time and create more headaches for me having to chase him him. I give him the option - take 1 month off, but after that first month, to provide me updates every 2 days even if its a one line on skype, and provide screenshots and addon file at end of every week so i can test what has been worked on and provide feedback. He refutes and says he cannot provide addon file, and that would mean he is giving the code that he hasnt charged for.

May 14 - Provides me the addon so i can get someone to check what was done. Experienced coder i have used previously looks at the specs and says he did very little work, didnt use XF or PHP standards and can see many issues with the code for extendability. I call off the arrangement. Fahad says i should be happy 'you paid 50% of the addon and got more than 50% of the code". That is a bloody joke. He becomes feral in correspondence whilst at the same time asking to give him more time and one more chance.

No. Its over.

I take my losses and run away from him.

TLDR - I have used many developers from XF and never had such a painful experience as i did working with him. Its been excruciating asking him for updates and messages kept being ignored. In the meantime i found 2 xf users who had their addons developed by Fahad in the time he said he was extremely sick and not working, and another who Fahad has been corresponding with to do some work for him. In my opinion, he is just a level above a scammer, and cannot be trusted. Highly recommend not to use him and stay away from him. Promises will be broken. He is a lier, and exhibits extremely unprofessional behaviour. Has no sense of taking responsbility but rather good at making excuses and lying. BUYER BEWARE.

thank god who save me from you i have very wrost experience with you there is no one on xenforo which in unhappy from my work everyone gave me good review and they know about the quality and standard of my work you thinks your one bad can stop my works on xenforo then its joke of year in short you want your 100% work in 50% amount which will not going to happen at least with me find someone else who can works on your roles and pay my 20%

thank god who save me from you i have very wrost experience with you there is no one on xenforo which in unhappy from my work everyone gave me good review and they know about the quality and standard of my work you thinks your one bad can stop my works on xenforo then its joke of year in short you want your 100% work in 50% amount which will not going to happen at least with me find someone else who can works on your roles and pay my 20%
I find the fellow's story quite believable, would you please explain at the very least, your health issue as alleged?

I find the fellow's story quite believable, would you please explain at the very least, your health issue as alleged?
Happy to provide full log of Skype interactions if anyone has any doubt. His health issue was a ruse as he has worked on two other add-ons in past week as confirmed by other xenforo users who I've been in contact with, whilst also requesting work from atleast one other. Funny how until the last day on Tuesday he was still asking to "give me one last chance". Cannot be trusted. Lies after lies.

I was just reading this whole thread to review the feedback for this developer. The feedback by @tajhay is downright scary.
As the paying customer did not receive a working addon, are you planning to refund him what he paid you?
If not then could you please explain why you will not issue a refund?

That's painful to read. I've had good experience with fahad in the past but he's got some serious explaining to do. As I will need someone for xf 1.5 custom plugin migration before security support for 1.5 is discontinued.

Last edited:
@Alfa1 and @John Blaze As i have explained above i didn't cancelled contract he did even he had got his 70% just paid 50% he want all 100% files just in 50% that was not possible for me and regarding issues and bugs can someone make 100% bug free addon on first version ? Obviously there will be bugs and its my duty to fixed it as he will informed me, and regarding my health issue i have informed him i am not able to work i need some time i always reply him never ignore him if i ever ignore him then he should right to blame me but main problem is he doesn't want to pay more and want his 100% work just in 50% amount when i denied
then he try to make me infamous but god knows all who is right and who is wrong.

As i have explained above i didn't cancelled contract he did even he had got his 70% just paid 50% he want all 100% files just in 50% that was not possible for me and regarding issues and bugs can someone make 100% bug free addon on first version ? Obviously there will be bugs and its my duty to fixed it as he will informed me, and regarding my health issue i have informed him i am not able to work i need some time i always reply him never ignore him if i ever ignore him then he should right to blame me but main problem is he doesn't want to pay more and want his 100% work just in 50% amount when i denied
then he try to make me infamous but god knows all who is right and who is wrong.
But... Your story doesn't wash with the fact that you still continued to do other projects and seek new ones, while having your "health issue."
As i have explained above i didn't cancelled contract he did
That's what he said too. Do you have your story straight? That's not even a point of contention.

70 percent of a buggy addon = 0 percent of anything. He's still got nothing he can use.

Please, explain this "health issue" to us, and why it was so selective. If you will.

Reactions: vij
You need to stop lying.

As i have explained above i didn't cancelled contract he did even he had got his 70% just paid 50% he want all 100% files just in 50% that was not possible for me
Yes, i called it off, because your 'ill try to make it up for you' time and time again, didnt deserve another chance. I am not going to waste my time with someone who wants to keep stringing people along, whilst at the same time keep asking for advance payments reneging on the original deal. I never at any stage say that i would pay you 50% for 100% of the addon. I wanted weekly addon files to test (after your one month break). The reason is obvious to any customer, but for your sake it is to ensure that something is actually being done (i.e. progress) and to pass on more feedback on what works and what doesnt. Your 3 screenshots in 3 months doesnt do the customer any service, and the two addon files you gave me both bombed out with server errors, which you were quick to say was my own server issue.
its my duty to fixed it as he will informed me
I told you about bugs numerous times and listed it out. When i kept asking for progress or updates you said 'yes all fixed on local installation'. You never provided updated addon or screenshots to verify. 2 months later when i asked if you had fixed it yet, you said 'where is the list' when it was right under your nose in the skype chat history. You had told me they were fixed, but it is obvious they werent.

regarding my health issue
If you had a health issue, why did it stop you from working on my addons, whilst not developing addons for others. You were even out soliciting work from others in that time.

never ignore him if i ever ignore him then he should right to blame me
If you never ignored my communications or stopped providing me updates so why the list of 'please give me one more chance i will be better' ??

I have the entire chat log if anyone is interested if anyone is interested. Not sure if i am able to post on here for all to see what you get when you deal with a person like this.

As others have stated, getting 70%(you very well know you delivered far less. Hell what you delivered doesnt even work yet you account for it as complete) of an addon for 50% is akin to paying deposit on a car, and the dealer telling you "sorry we cannot deliver your car, but hey take these 4 wheels, this engine, and this can of paint. that should cover it". Its absolutely pointless and useless.

Last edited:
i am working with fahad from last few months he is very professional and skilled person he has done one my job successfully after that i provide him second that also has done, i still not check it but i believe on him , even he has serious heath issue from last month (I had to wait him 3 weeks to start working on my project). he informed me i trusted on him and i support him i make sure my all future work will take care via Fahad

Recently had some custom coding done and Fahad did a great job and quickly. He's always quick to respond to my questions and input. I'll be in touch more in the future.

Done with him for two simple add ons with basic settings and it worked. I can't comment more till i done more complicated add ons with him after this. He is responsive and the price can be bargain suits our budget.
On complicated add-on you will also satisfied :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom