Add Skimlinks Code

Add Skimlinks Code 1.4.0

No permission to download
There are two products offered by Skimlinks:

Skimlinks
SkimLinks converts plain retailer links that you've included in your content into their equivalent affiliate links on-the-fly.

Skimwords
SkimWords automatically turns retailer and product references in your content into unobtrusive shopping links. Read all about it here »

SkimWords works optimally for consumer electronics & tech, fashion & beauty, automotive, mothering and lifestyle content. If your page content is not one of those sectors you may see few or no links added. See our FAQs about SkimWords for more detailed info »

You can toggle either of these on / off in the Skimlinks control panel, so I'm thinking this request is for the option to have them both enabled, but control displaying either of these to groups.

When I try to upgrade this using the auto upgrader add on I get this error:

Error
Add-on IDs must be unique. The specified ID is already in use.

When I try to upgrade this using the auto upgrader add on I get this error:

Error
Add-on IDs must be unique. The specified ID is already in use.
As per the upgrade instructions, I recommend an uninstall of the old version first. Preferably delete existing files too, please.

There are two products offered by Skimlinks:

Skimlinks
SkimLinks converts plain retailer links that you've included in your content into their equivalent affiliate links on-the-fly.

Skimwords
SkimWords automatically turns retailer and product references in your content into unobtrusive shopping links. Read all about it here »

SkimWords works optimally for consumer electronics & tech, fashion & beauty, automotive, mothering and lifestyle content. If your page content is not one of those sectors you may see few or no links added. See our FAQs about SkimWords for more detailed info »

You can toggle either of these on / off in the Skimlinks control panel, so I'm thinking this request is for the option to have them both enabled, but control displaying either of these to groups.

That's it. That's what I've done in the footer now, thought it might be a good option for others :).

I don't use either so I'm not sure what to do.

Do you get separate code for each one?

Hi Chris,

As per my link, you get the one piece of code, but you can put a line in before you call the main skimlinks code that specifies who sees skimwords, if it's enabled at the Skimlinks end.

HTH,
Dave.

Code:
<xen:comment>Start SkimLinks</xen:comment>
<xen:if is="{$visitor.user_id}">
<script> var noskimwords = 'true'; </script>
</xen:if>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://s.skimresources.com/js/XXXXXXXX.skimlinks.js"></script>
<xen:comment>End SkimLinks</xen:comment>
This is what I use to only show skim words to guests. It would be good if we could enable it on a user group basis.

Chris Deeming updated Add Skimlinks Code with a new update entry:

Adds the ability to "noskim" certain content.

This version completely drops support for XenForo 1.1.x.

The old version is still available, but that will not contain this new feature.

The new feature this add-on includes is the ability to define another set of usergroups whose content is not subject to Skimlinks.

Quite simply, for the usergroups you specify, it adds class="noskim" to their messages. This prevents their content from rendering Skimlinks.

Read the rest of this update entry...

When I try and install it via your add-on installer it just runs causes the screen to blank out and then re-appear. The add-on is never installed. When I use Waindigo's installer I get this
Code:
Please enter a valid callback method (SkimlinksCode_Listen::template_hook).
Tried installing it on all 3 forums (2 using Waindigo's stuff and 1 with yours - none of which have had this add-on installed before).
Any ideas?

Getting the same installing it manually

Please enter a valid callback method (SkimlinksCode_Listen::template_hook).

May I ask about skimlink, If I hide all the links in post for Guest, then skimlink is useless for the guest?

On my Forum, I hide all the links on thread/post for the guest.
Example on this thread:
upload_2013-9-16_22-59-13.webp
So skimlinks will useless for the guest.
Skimlinks can be only for the registered member my situation?

Top Bottom