Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
The internet is full of transient connectivity issues, and is a house of cards it is a wonder that it works most of the time.

Do we really need to see it as a server error though? Might be better to just handle it silently.
If it keeps happening, it means something has gone wrong. XenForo doesn't really have the concept of a transient error due to external networking issue where you don't care if it happens once but do care if it happens a lot.

I see the same thing happen sporadically for gravatar and capacha services. Delete/ignore the error if it is a once off, worry if it happens often.

Not sure if this is supposed to happen but I am constantly updating some of the resource links in the update checker due to them being removed once I use this add-on to update a plugin.

I think this is resolved in the most recent update which I haven't had a chance yet to update here.

However, the latest version available from the GitHub repo should fix this:

https://github.com/Xon/XenForo-AddOnInstaller/archive/master.zip

It should just be a case of downloading the above version, and uploading the files. This should just automatically fix the issue for whatever you're trying to do right now.

After that, you should upgrade the add-on as usual with the XML file.

I think this is resolved in the most recent update which I haven't had a chance yet to update here.

It should just be a case of downloading the above version, and uploading the files. This should just automatically fix the issue for whatever you're trying to do right now.

Thank you! I will upgrade to this. :)

Just copied this up and now getting an error on every page:

Fatal error: Class 'AddOnInstaller_XenForo_ControllerPublic_Index' not found in /srv/www/XXXXXXXXXXXX.com/public_html/library/XenForo/FrontController.php on line 463

And in the Admin:

Fatal error: Class 'AddOnInstaller_XenForo_Model_User' not found in /srv/www/XXXXXXXXXXXX.com/public_html/library/XenForo/Application.php(528) : eval()'d code on line 1

No other reports of this.

Might be worth disabling the add-on, uploading the new version manually and using the traditional method of upgrading in the Admin CP with the XML file.

Might be worth disabling the add-on, uploading the new version manually and using the traditional method of upgrading in the Admin CP with the XML file.

that's what I did --- I had errors also -- so I manually updated and everything was fine.

Is this v1.3.3 going to be updated on here anytime soon, or is there something else holding up doing that (bug fixes, etc)

Works fine, no errors so far, btw so everytime we upload an addon trough the resources manager do we have to rebuild caches ?

Error
Login to XenForo.com has failed. Make sure you login with your XenForo username and password.

I'm receiving this error^ And I believe it has something to do with my username having a space within my username. Do I have to write it out a certain way to make it work with the space or could it be something else?

Top Bottom