Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
When attempting to Upgrade an add-on I get the error that my Xenforo.com login is incorrect. I have saved the correct Xenforo login in my external sources options but when upgrading an add-on it's showing a password that isn't the same number of characters as the password saved in my external sources.

The saved username and password that is displayed when upgrading is deliberately not shown at the same length as what is saved.

If you have saved your forum password (not your customer password) and you're using the current version of the add on and you haven't got two step verification enabled then the password likely means you've saved the wrong password.

Chris D updated Add-on Install & Upgrade with a new update entry:

Major feature and bug fix release

The majority of the fixes and features in this release were developed by @Xon, so please everyone say "Thank you @Xon" :)
  • Support for multiple deployment methods. In addition to the usual "File copy" method (which requires a write access everywhere) you can now deploy add-ons via FTP uploads.
  • Resolved a number of compatibility issues with some add-ons by some developers which do not follow the usual standard of packaging add-ons.
  • Attempts...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
Reactions: rdn
Not auto populating the resource manager url ---

Also, when coming to this page via the update checker, why doesn't it automatically go to the resource manager tab ?

Untitled.webp

@Joeychgo it the URL in the add-on is set to be a resource manager link; it will automatically pull it out. But for paid add-ons, or off-site downloads it can't do much.

@Joeychgo it the URL in the add-on is set to be a resource manager link; it will automatically pull it out. But for paid add-ons, or off-site downloads it can't do much.

I know - this is where the URL was already in. -- And not a paid addon. Ive checked several times and several addons.

@Xon

Here are the steps I see:
1. Click UPDATE CHECKER
2. Find addon that indicates it needs to be updated
3. Click Upgrade Button
4. Click Install This Update
5. Taken to the Install/Upgrade from ZIP or XML page -- have to change to the Install/Upgrade from resource Manager Tab
6. Get the page shown in the screenshot above - with no resource mgr url.

Resolved a number of compatibility issues with some add-ons by some developers which do not follow the usual standard of packaging add-ons.
YES!!!
Attempts to reset opcode cache to prevent unexpected errors when installing or upgrading.
Nice!
Redesigned and simplified interface.
Cool!
New Add-on Install Log.
I just wet my pants! I have been missing this since deleting the B-word addon for that

Reactions: Xon
What does Deployment Method mean? I don't understand what that does? What does it have to do with the two options below it?

It's for people who experience issues with permissions when using the add on. The default method, and the only one that existed before the new version, is File copy. This copies the files into the correct location by using basic file system operations such as copy / move etc. This is problematic for some people due to permissions so a new and alternative option is FTP. This makes an FTP connection to upload the files to the correct location.

Reactions: Xon
Top Bottom