Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Error
Callback AddOnInstaller_Listener::addon_deployment is invalid (Invalid Method).

I have uploaded the files manually and tried to upgrade it using the XML but didn't work any idea why i'm getting this message?

Thanks Xon, appreciate the effort.
Any special instructions for upgrading? Or can I simply update using the button this addon provides?

Reactions: Xon
Thanks!
Somebody give that man a job! ;):D
:D

I have uploaded the files manually and tried to upgrade it using the XML but didn't work any idea why i'm getting this message?
Generally if this happens, try installing it again.

You can't use the addon to update itself...is that what you tried to do?
Updating from 1.2.2+ to 1.3.0 should actually work :)

Looks like I have to try this again with the new FTP option :cool:
Thanks Xon and Chris (y)
I prototyped out using SFTP as a deployment method too, but didn't finish it as it added 0.5mb to the download size. If I have time, in the next 2-3 months, I'll finish it and release it as a seperate add-on.

Just wondering... are the zip files to perform the upgrades stored locally? If so, what's the path to them so I can delete them as I upgrade to free up space?

Just wondering... are the zip files to perform the upgrades stored locally? If so, what's the path to them so I can delete them as I upgrade to free up space?
The compressed zips are stored under install/addons/, each subfolder is the install batch, with add-on stored compressed. Uncompressed data is stored in there during the install process, but cleaned up after.

For example, on my site even with ~500 add-on install/updates, this only adds up to 30-40mb or so.

The compressed zips are stored under install/addons/, each subfolder is the install batch, with add-on stored compressed. Uncompressed data is stored in there during the install process, but cleaned up after.

For example, on my site even with ~500 add-on install/updates, this only adds up to 30-40mb or so.

Awesome! Good thinking. I will leave it be then. ;)

@Chris D, getting this error on one of my sites
Code:
An exception occurred: Call to undefined function opcache_reset() in /home/nginx/domains/twowheeldemon.com/public/library/AddOnInstaller/XenForo/Model/AddOn.php on line 194

AddOnInstaller_XenForo_Model_AddOn->InvalidateFileOpCache() in AddOnInstaller/Listener.php at line 64
AddOnInstaller_Listener::template_file_change() in XenForo/CodeEvent.php at line 58
XenForo_CodeEvent::fire() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 136
XenForo_Template_FileHandler->_postTemplateChange() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 126
XenForo_Template_FileHandler->_deleteTemplate() in XenForo/Template/FileHandler.php at line 67
XenForo_Template_FileHandler::delete() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 710
XenForo_Model_Template->deleteTemplatesForAddOn() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 467
XenForo_Model_AddOn->deleteAddOnMasterData() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 196
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in AddOnInstaller/XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 10
AddOnInstaller_XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in Bookmarks/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 48
Bookmarks_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1793
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 123
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/nginx/domains/twowheeldemon.com/public/admin.php at line 13
The other site it apparently works fine on. I've re-installed all the XenForo files, restarted nginx, php-fpm and redis and it still has issues. I'm now in the process of uninstalling the add-on (if it lets me) and will try a fresh install of it.

@Tracy Perry

This is due to an unconditional call to clearing the opcode cache, and you don't have php opcode caching installed.

This has been patched in this revision; https://github.com/Xon/XenForo-AddOnInstaller/archive/0738d7566b26f9848fc32076ce8e1764f4648229.zip Just updating the files is enough to fix it for you.
Code:
$config['cache']['enabled'] = true;
$config['cache']['cacheSessions'] = true;
$config['cache']['frontend'] = 'Core';
$config['cache']['frontendOptions'] = array(
'caching' => true,
'cache_id_prefix' => 'xftwd_',
'automatic_serialization' => false,
'lifetime' => 0
);

$config['cache']['backend'] = 'Redis';

$config['cache']['backendOptions'] = array(
'server' => '127.0.0.1',
'port' => XXXXX,
'use_lua' => true,
);

require(XenForo_Application::getInstance()->getConfigDir().'/SV/RedisCache/Installer.php');
What other than the above will get opcode cache working? I'd assumed that the above was adequate (and what I've been running for ages). Port # is masked.
Same config.php variables were in place on my other install and it works fine over there.

Top Bottom