Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
At the moment I'm ignoring them.
Did you have issues with other addons, or only the Waindigo ones were affected?

Solved.
Uninstalled Conversation Search by Waindigo, force updated all the "outdated" resources, reinstalled Conversation Search by Waindigo.

False alarm.

Last edited:
Hello Chris,
Forgive any ignorance in my post as I'm kind of new to Xenforo.

I admin our installation of the software, but have to request that a contracted web developer upload any addons I wish to install, which is a real drag and costs (my boss) more money.
So this addon looks like a most attractive prospect. It was installed byt the web developer, but when I try to upload zip files I get the following error:

Code:
mkdir(): Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 72
XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 17
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 69
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in (edited)

Does this refer to the "Some server configurations may not support Add-on Install & Upgrade" that is mentioned in the Overview?
It would be such a pity if our hosting didn't support it! Gahh!

But I wanted to ask, just in case there is another reason. Maybe. Hopefully ;)
Thanks,
G

Last edited:
It's possible.

At the moment, though, it seems like it's more of a permissions issue. If you speak to your developer/server person/host and ask them to look in the feasibility of allowing the web server user to be able to write to certain parts of the file system.

Specifically it's currently failing creating directories at the folder install/addons.

But if that's not writeable, it's likely other parts of the file system won't be writeable either.

I can't really help you specifically; whoever is familiar with the environment and the risks associated with making parts of it writeable would need to decide the best way to configure it.

It's possible.

At the moment, though, it seems like it's more of a permissions issue. If you speak to your developer/server person/host and ask them to look in the feasibility of allowing the web server user to be able to write to certain parts of the file system.

Specifically it's currently failing creating directories at the folder install/addons.

But if that's not writeable, it's likely other parts of the file system won't be writeable either.

I can't really help you specifically; whoever is familiar with the environment and the risks associated with making parts of it writeable would need to decide the best way to configure it.
Thanks for your reply Chris.
Don't worry, I understand that you can't help me specifically - that's not what I was expecting :)
Oh well, looks like a lengthy chat with the dev guy!

Cheers and have a good day though.
G

Does this addons extracting zip into /tmp folder?, i am on freebsd such activity not allowed unless root, would you please use directory inside the xenforo install dir ?
Code:
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'mkdir(): Permis...', '/local/www/main...', 72, Array)
#1 /local/www/main/library/XenForo/Helper/File.php(72): mkdir('install/addons')
#2 /local/www/main/library/AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php(17): XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory('install/addons/...')
#3 /local/www/main/library/AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php(69): AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip('/tmp/php8Dgw1U')
#4 /local/www/main/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(347): AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade()
#5 /local/www/main/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(134): XenForo_FrontController->dispatch(Object(XenForo_RouteMatch))
#6 /local/www/main/admin.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#7 {main}

array(3) {
["url"] => string(56) "http://example.com/admin.php?add-ons/install-upgrade"
["_GET"] => array(1) {
["add-ons/install-upgrade"] => string(0) ""
}
["_POST"] => array(6) {
["resource_url"] => string(6) "Vohn"
["login"] => string(6) "Vohn"
["password"] => string(8) "********"
["server_file_oldskool"] => string(0) ""
["_xfConfirm"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
}
}

No idea, I haven't looked into it yet.

Just learn to ignore it for now. I have a new version coming up soon and I'll look into it for you then.

Code:
Server Error

This filter needs the zip extension

Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 29
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 146
AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/myforum/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

I'm getting this error when I try to update any add-on from xenforo.com. What am I missing?

Code:
Server Error

This filter needs the zip extension

Zend_Filter_Compress_Zip->__construct() in Zend/Filter/Compress.php at line 107
Zend_Filter_Compress->getAdapter() in Zend/Filter/Decompress.php at line 47
Zend_Filter_Decompress->filter() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 29
AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 146
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/myforum/public_html/forum/admin.php at line 13

I'm getting this error when I try to update any add-on from xenforo.com. What am I missing?
PHP zip extension.

I might be missing something silly here, but i've entered my username & password (user email and tried my username 'Snelvuur') but it keeps saying 'Login to XenForo.com has failed. Make sure you login with your XenForo username and password' i don't get any errors back besides that. All other functionality seems to be working just fine.

Reactions: TJK
Top Bottom