Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
Am i right in thinking that this addon stores a copy of each mod installed, both zipped and unzipped in the addons folder within the install folder.

my forums are on a dedicated server but I recently got the message that my accounts were temporally auto suspended due to lack of hdd space and i couldn't understand what was taking up the space.

Am I ok to delete the contents of this addons folder as i presume everything will have been copied to the relative folders

Most things would be cleaned up automatically. But, sure, they can be manually deleted. It's just temporary storage while the files are copied to the right places.

I'd find it difficult to believe that it'd be enough to cause your disk space to run out.

Most add-ons are less than half 1MB, even if you've installed 100 add-ons, that would still only equate to about 50MB. Though they are zipped up so extracted maybe 100MB or so. And that's an exaggeration.

What was the total amount of space used in that directory?

yeah looks like it was the databases taking up most the disk space. Also still had the old vb databases :D

I wouldn't use the term "Yes it does not work" because that doesn't make sense.

Add-on Install & Upgrade works fine in XF 1.3. I've used it several times today.

Reactions: rdn
It could indicate an error with the actual add-on code.

Disable the add-on installer and try and install or upgrade using the default XenForo installer. There could be errors being suppressed by the add-on installer.

@Chris Deeming
Does it support versions in the resource manager that have letters in them? for example, it says that I need to update an add-on since it went from 1.2.3 to 1.2.3b version. I've updated it, but it still says to update it.

Thanks

That will be a case of where the version in the resource manager doesn't match the version in the add-on XML file.

Just "Ignore this update" and you won't get any further notifications until the version number changes again in the RM.

Top Bottom