Add-on Install & Upgrade

Add-on Install & Upgrade 1.4.3

No permission to download
It's down to personal preference.

Both add ons install any add-ons perfectly.

I actually wish that Waindigo didn't do a compatibility badge. The only reason I did is because Add-on Installer version 1.x only worked with certain add-ons.

Version 2.0 works with any add on. As does Waindigo's. So the badges are a bit pointless.

His add on and mine have different features so just use the one you prefer

I updated to 1.2.1 and and an error now. Have any idea on how to correct it?

James

Server Error Log
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_AddOn::getAllUpdateChecks() - library/AddOnInstaller/CronEntry/UpdateCheck.php:11
Generated By: Flexin, 12 minutes ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError() #1 {main}
Request State
array(3) { ["url"] => string(61) "http://gearheadcentral.com/install/index.php?upgrade/complete" ["_GET"] => array(1) { ["upgrade/complete"] => string(0) "" } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }

Hello, when I try to upload the zip or go by the link I get
Code:
Server Error

mkdir(): Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 68
    XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
    AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/chillax-gaming.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13
I know its a folder/file permission error. What folders do I need to CHMOD and at what Perm?

Hello, when I try to upload the zip or go by the link I get
Code:
Server Error

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
    mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 68
    XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 122
    AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/chillax-gaming.com/public_html/admin.php at line 13
I know its a folder/file permission error. What folders do I need to CHMOD and at what Perm?
Ask your host, it's folder/file permission error.

I do not advise on server configuration unfortunately.

Essentially, all files in the root of XenForo need to be writable by whatever user your web server runs as. But that is considered to be an insecure configuration so it is down to you to understand the risks that poses or to seek out more secure configurations.

When it comes to server configuration I can't give you any more information than that.

I do not advise on server configuration unfortunately.

Essentially, all files in the root of XenForo need to be writable by whatever user your web server runs as. But that is considered to be an insecure configuration so it is down to you to understand the risks that poses or to seek out more secure configurations.

When it comes to server configuration I can't give you any more information than that.
Thanks...

Has anyone ever received these messages:

http://grab.by/qeJa

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  2. mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 68
  3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 17
  4. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 57
  5. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/secreted/public_html/admin.php at line 13

3. XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in AddOnInstaller/Model/AddOn.php at line 17
  4. AddOnInstaller_Model_AddOn->extractZip() in AddOnInstaller/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 57
  5. AddOnInstaller_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstallUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 337
  6. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  7. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/secreted/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Server/hosting problem.

Hey, I learned what my issue was, it was the fact that the www-data couldn't edit the files in www becuase you changed the files with root or a nother user. To fix it I usally just simply do
chown -R www-data:www-data /var/www/

And if you are using a user account and can't upload stuff or edit I re chown it to name:name til I am done then put it back to www-data:www-data

And if I use this add-on... will I be able to upload and delete the add-ons without having to go to the files? I hate having to search my files to delete add-ons (fully).

Even if I delete the add-ons through the xenforo admin.... they are still in my files... until I fully delete them from my files

And if I use this add-on... will I be able to upload and delete the add-ons without having to go to the files? I hate having to search my files to delete add-ons (fully).
  • will I be able to upload = Yes
  • will I be able to delete the add-ons without having to go to the files = Yes for the addon, No for the Files.

Top Bottom