A lot of old faces errrrrrrrrrrr names

R1Lover

Just wanted to say hello, long time vb user here that turned on vb when internet brands took over. I ended up going with IPB and love it.

I'm looking forward to this new project and am excited to watch it grow.

wink.png

Welcome to xF! I moved from vB to IPB as well when they released that shoty thing they called 4.0 Suite... I really liked IPB and the community and bought a xF license to show support... it didn't take long for me to get hooked on it and converted my community a couple of months ago.. So far I have to say me and my community love xF and really don't miss anything we have left behind..

Again, welcome to the community, it's a great bunch here!

Jamie

Thanks everyone..... I see a few of you vb old timers and a few with new names as well.

I'm still on IPB for my own sites, but have many customers on both IPB and VB as some are feeling stuck with it.

Once this one moves alone a little further i will try to get some of my sites on it as well.

At first glance though, it would be more appealing if the colors were different.... ya I know they can be changed, but the default look is what new customers see.

It's looking a little girly as is right now. lol no offense of course meant, just being honest. Also is the price justified being the same as IPB for a start up? Any thoughts on this?

Oh yeah, the price is very much justified. ;)

You think the default skin is...... "girly".
lol, that's a new one.

Thanks everyone..... I see a few of you vb old timers and a few with new names as well.

I'm still on IPB for my own sites, but have many customers on both IPB and VB as some are feeling stuck with it.

Once this one moves alone a little further i will try to get some of my sites on it as well.

At first glance though, it would be more appealing if the colors were different.... ya I know they can be changed, but the default look is what new customers see.

It's looking a little girly as is right now. lol no offense of course meant, just being honest. Also is the price justified being the same as IPB for a start up? Any thoughts on this?
Girly? It's blue! I might be old fashioned, but when I grew up, girlies liked pink. (And skipping. And dolls houses. But they're not easy to represent in a forum style).

Mind you that quote box is sort of peach coloured. Not really pink so not "girlie". Perhaps "slightly butch girl who isn't entirely comfortable with her own identity" then. Though that's a bit of a mouthful.

It's ok, I'm going now.

The colours are a little more subtle which may have prompt the comment for the "girly feel" it's def not using the bold strong blues you see in ipb or vbulletin just that xenforo went down the subtle coloured route which I prefer.

Nothing to do with different colours just more the variation of that colour.

How can you say its worth the same cost when there is not even a final release?

Other forums are the same cost with many years of proven stability.

Not *****ing here, just asking.

Top Bottom