A lot of old faces errrrrrrrrrrr names

Very true! :)

And may I add that there's nothing stopping our beloved developers of XF from integrating any other features (CMS, gallery, download manager) in a totally different and innovative manner. Who know that once they do put their mind to building these features, they come up (yet again) with something that is absolutely new and spanking-fantastic! ;)

I absolutely agree with this. What I do not agree with is saying that the software is not a "legit" product, or intimating that it is inferior, without those features.

I thank all of you for all your post, there is some great conversation in this thread, hopefully Kier is reading as well.

I will probably be one of the biggest supporters of Xenforo in time, but there are steps to take in this process. Learning about it is step #1, that's what this thread is all about. As I mentioned there are several of my customers I have showed this site too, some want to see the back end and some need or have to have a gallery or portal page as well. I am collecting info and trying to help spread the word here about this software.

I'm sure in time it will be everything I would want and more. :)

I absolutely agree with this. What I do not agree with is saying that the software is not a "legit" product, or intimating that it is inferior, without those features.

My legit comment was more along the lines of being a solution for my customers who want/need to import their existing setup into a new solution. Most sites are using some type of gallery at the moment and this info would be lost upon import without one.

While I'm on a roll here.... I would also like to see reply, edit, delete and report buttons with a background button, just having text links makes them look lost in the forum.

Just my .02 ;)

While I'm on a roll here.... I would also like to see reply, edit, delete and report buttons with a background button, just having text links makes them look lost in the forum.

Just my .02 ;)

Styling system allows the customisation of text links/buttons. As does the styling system allow you to change from the "baby blue" and "peachy" colours. All can be done in a space of two minutes.

These are purely cosmetic "personal preferences" driven. what makes 1 person happy will make a 100 other people unhappy a no win situation from a devs point of view.

Thanks Shelley, hopefully I will get to test drive it soon and see for myself, these are the things that make me think we need a test version or at the very least a test site we can get login details for to play with.

Thanks Shelley, hopefully I will get to test drive it soon and see for myself, these are the things that make me think we need a test version or at the very least a test site we can get login details for to play with.
Just for your information, XenFans is offering a free admin demo here. :)

Thank you for the link, should be here but as long as there is access i guess that's what counts. :)
I think the developers aren't putting time and effort into additional company-features such as an admin demo or bulk pricing, etc, simply because they are working on finalizing the product so they can continue their rapid development once it reaches the stable stage and the expectations from the company are higher than you can get away with during a beta stage. We're all early adopters.

@shelley

It's our feedback, positive and negative, and all with constructive arguments examples and said from years of experience, etc, that helps shape a product and give the developers the idea of what users want, believe they desire or need, or simply actually DO need for their site - which isn't always a hobby site where they can compromise, but a business site where they depend on specific features. It helps the devs obviously. And it helps the users finding out if XenForo is what they want or Need for their site/company.

In my opinion it is quite simple. If someone requires a CMS that isn't a stand alone product and works well with their customer base and the forums, and XenForo vs another product is compared and XF doesn't meet the requirements. The user asks due to interest in it, and perhaps decides to not get it. Why would a user compromise their company's business plan just because we have to believe Mike and Kier are so amazing and should not be open to anything a chunk of customers is asking? Just because you compromised with vBulletin and it cost you your site, doesn't mean that has to apply to others.

If nobody would bother to even suggest the desire for a CMS or Gallery or some 'basic' features - then Kier and Mike might not even consider taking those things seriously and pushing them on a shelve and focus more on the position of the like button, or should it be a link, or should it look like a button upon hover, or maybe put it in a slide down, or perhaps listen to the 3 users that constantly complain they want a yellow color link and not blue ..

Just saying.

Top Bottom