A $1000 prize contest - discussion

• Thread starter Thread starter Floris
  • Start date Start date
Cash prizes usually bring in twice the number of viewers or new members than those that use a single product as a contest winning prize.

The XenForo Marketplace & Job Board, and 'Getting paid to Publish'.
Floris: did you read the APPs store idea ? Might give some ideas for your Marketplace ?

Considering your site's plans, anything other than cash would be uncivilized.

How about a custom built addon for Xenforo for your site. Have Jaxel commissioned to design and build the addon. And for his labors he gets paid with the prize money. Just a thought!

Possibly some of whatever your avatar is drinking?
Trip sounds good, so does an SSD, xf licences... Maybe a custom skin.

Donation to a charity of a persons choice?

Floris, if it's outside the box that you want....how about a tour at Google or Apple headquarters (not sure if they cost anything or if they can be arranged or not), but you can contact them via their address....

Google Headquarters
1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
Mountain View, CA 94043
Fax: 650-230-0001

Apple Headquarters
10500 North De Anza Boulevard
Cupertino, CA 95014
408-996-1010

....if you can have a tour arranged and it doesn't cost anything, then you can give the airplane ticket and hotel as the '1st prize'.

I know that Zappos.com does tours at their facilities, so maybe Google or Apple does something like that. :D

Tech sites?

* Google-adword vouchers.
* A gift coupon for ThinkGeek - http://www.thinkgeek.com/ (I love their interactive t-shirts)
* A collection of Douglas Adams books?
* Seeing geeks and T-shirts mix well, how about somethign from T-shirt hell? (Note: Might contains some stuff that is considered insensitive or crude, but I personally love my "Al Gore did not invent the Internet, but the did make up global warming T-shirt :D)
* Trays of Jolt cola

HTH

Top Bottom