[8WR] XenRio (Streams) PRO

[8WR] XenRio (Streams) PRO [Paid] 1.2.6b

No permission to buy ($40.00)
This looks awesome! Maybe I need to listen to the video again, but you mentioned that you currently cannot filter by only games? So for example, if I wanted to show all streams from Diablo 3 (assuming they aren't in the top 100), it wouldn't work?

Also, I thought of an interesting suggestion, though I'm not sure how possible it would be. It would be great if our members could link a twitch.tv account to their xenforo account, showing on their profile page and having a static bbcode for the member to use (i.e. [twitch_user=vamped]Diablo 3 PVP[/twitch_user]

*edit* And then on the streams list, it would give the xenforo member's channel priority at the top (as long as the member's channel is live)

I'm having trouble getting any online streams to appear when it's set to show approved channels only, I am always getting "There are no live streams broadcasting at this time..."
What are your settings?

It is IMPOSSIBLE for "channels & games" mode to work, and not "channels" mode... they are literally the same exact mode; except the games requirement throws out channels that do not match games. The mode selection doesn't actually set up specific modes, the possible variables are a sequence of bit switches: 100, 010, 110, 001, etc...

So "channels & games" would be 110. Just "channels" would be 100, and would actually show MORE, since there are less restrictions.

This looks awesome! Maybe I need to listen to the video again, but you mentioned that you currently cannot filter by only games? So for example, if I wanted to show all streams from Diablo 3 (assuming they aren't in the top 100), it wouldn't work?

Also, I thought of an interesting suggestion, though I'm not sure how possible it would be. It would be great if our members could link a twitch.tv account to their xenforo account, showing on their profile page and having a static bbcode for the member to use (i.e. [twitch_user=vamped]Diablo 3 PVP[/twitch_user]

*edit* And then on the streams list, it would give the xenforo member's channel priority at the top (as long as the member's channel is live)
The "games" restriction currently works with a "workaround", it doesn't actually query for channels playing only specific games. Instead it simply queries the top 100 streams, and throws out channels that aren't playing approved games. So if you wanted to set it to Diablo 3, it would only show people playing Diablo 3, in the top 100 streams.

Also, there is a bbcode.

What are your settings?

It is IMPOSSIBLE for "channels & games" mode to work, and not "channels" mode... they are literally the same exact mode; except the games requirement throws out channels that do not match games. The mode selection doesn't actually set up specific modes, the possible variables are a sequence of bit switches: 100, 010, 110, 001, etc...

So "channels & games" would be 110. Just "channels" would be 100, and would actually show MORE, since there are less restrictions.

Sorry I was mistaken, channels&games doesn't work either

The "games" restriction currently works with a "workaround", it doesn't actually query for channels playing only specific games. Instead it simply queries the top 100 streams, and throws out channels that aren't playing approved games. So if you wanted to set it to Diablo 3, it would only show people playing Diablo 3, in the top 100 streams.

Is there another workaround for this? Diablo 3 was just an example, unfortunately the game I want to stream would not be in the top 100 streams.

Is there another workaround for this? Diablo 3 was just an example, unfortunately the game I want to stream would not be in the top 100 streams.
Yeah... you can increase the "top" scrape... the scrape will take a bit longer to do, but it could accomplish what you are trying to do...

Open up library/EWRrio/Services/Twitch.php and replace with 1000:
Code:
$maximum = 100;

Also on a smaller monitor how can i scroll down to edit in the services option? trying to adjust the width but I cant scroll down to save changes as shown below:

of0jzb.jpg

I can not confirm your issue... try reuploading all the files...

There is also a secret link at "streams/scrape" that you can use to force a new scrape.

Seems it was an issue on my end, mysql config var group_concat_max_len was set to 4 for god knows what reason, so the result of getChannelsList was truncated to 4 chars

Yeah... you can increase the "top" scrape... the scrape will take a bit longer to do, but it could accomplish what you are trying to do...

Open up library/EWRrio/Services/Twitch.php and replace with 1000:
Code:
$maximum = 100;

Thank you! Did the dev you spoke with give you an ETA on the feature?

Also on a smaller monitor how can i scroll down to edit in the services option? trying to adjust the width but I cant scroll down to save changes as shown below:

of0jzb.jpg
If you hit enter on your keyboard while focused on a form text field, it will submit... or, you can right click the (edit) button on the streaming services page and open the edit page in a link window.
Thank you! Did the dev you spoke with give you an ETA on the feature?
nope

Seems it was an issue on my end, mysql config var group_concat_max_len was set to 4 for god knows what reason, so the result of getChannelsList was truncated to 4 chars
I dont understand what any of that means... but yay?

Great addon man! One of my members showed this to me today. But honestly I hate TwitchTV (even though I would make those channels ENABLED, I want Ustream-mostly channels and categories. Is there a way that YOU can talk with the Devs there to update their API? One good reason they probably haven't updated them yet, is because nobody has had any reason for them to do so - until NOW! lol

BTW: The reason I'm stuck on Ustream is because (as you already know), they are partnered with Sony for the upcoming PS4! That's says it ALL regarding 'livestreaming' because (as you probably already know but others who read this may not know! lol), They will be able (w/PS4) to instantly watch their friends gameplay while their friends are playing without their friends even knowing and WE who are playing will instantly be able to record our gameplay and click a button on our controller to SHARE our footage right from our seats - All this an MORE because of what Ustream is bringing to the PS4 experience. So it's all just a few months away and I'm not fooling with any other Livestream host because they will be obsolete when this all happens! You're going to see a ****load of people flocking over to Ustream to open accounts! ;-)

Great addon man! One of my members showed this to me today. But honestly I hate TwitchTV (even though I would make those channels ENABLED, I want Ustream-mostly channels and categories. Is there a way that YOU can talk with the Devs there to update their API? One good reason they probably haven't updated them yet, is because nobody has had any reason for them to do so - until NOW! lol

BTW: The reason I'm stuck on Ustream is because (as you already know), they are partnered with Sony for the upcoming PS4! That's says it ALL regarding 'livestreaming' because (as you probably already know but others who read this may not know! lol), They will be able (w/PS4) to instantly watch their friends gameplay while their friends are playing without their friends even knowing and WE who are playing will instantly be able to record our gameplay and click a button on our controller to SHARE our footage right from our seats - All this an MORE because of what Ustream is bringing to the PS4 experience. So it's all just a few months away and I'm not fooling with any other Livestream host because they will be obsolete when this all happens! You're going to see a ****load of people flocking over to Ustream to open accounts! ;-)

I second the Ustream integration - almost a must for a Playstation gaming community

Is there a way that YOU can talk with the Devs there to update their API?
I've tried... been trying for months... never gotten any responses.

They've been updating their website so much for the past year, I wouldn't be surprised if they already had an updated API, they just haven't published it yet.

I'm in direct e-mail with the Senior Content Manager at Ustream, her name is Sheryl Zapanta. Been waiting for them to update my own channel with top-background and banners and she was personally attending the GDC convention so YES, they're very busy. I will ask her about things and see what I can come up with and will let you know ASAP. Just in case, here's here Contact E-mail and she has already told me they love to hear about improvements, suggestions and etc. so it's okay for me to post it here:

Sheryl Zapanta

Does this support Youtube Live Streams?

Nope. Supports..

• Twitch.TV (channel and scrape support)
  • Justin.TV (channel and scrape support)
  • Ustream.TV (channel support only, no scrape support)
  • Livestream (channel support only, no scrape support)

I am using the "Games" option to pull streams from WWE Games. I noticed that the stream will show up when someone is streaming, but while they are STILL streaming, the stream will disappear from the list for a while. Sometimes it shows back up & sometimes it doesnt.

I am using the "Games" option to pull streams from WWE Games. I noticed that the stream will show up when someone is streaming, but while they are STILL streaming, the stream will disappear from the list for a while. Sometimes it shows back up & sometimes it doesnt.
This issue was explained in the video on the product page, AND at the top of page 2 of this thread.

This is because the "Games" function does not technically work YET in Twitch.TV; but I have spoken with the devs of the Twitch.TV API and they were working on getting it running as it should. Currently the "Games" option uses a workaround to get streams playing specific games. Since it can't actually poll for streams playing a list of games, what it does is simply poll for the top 100 streams, and throws out any streams which are not playing the specified games.

The reason why your stream sometimes disappears is because your stream dropped out of the top 100 streams on Twitch.

Top Bottom