[8WR] XenPorta (Portal)

[8WR] XenPorta (Portal) 1.6.0

No permission to download
Why on earth did you delete the files and database tables without uninstalling it properly from the ACP first? This may be the cause of your problems.

Have you tried re-downloading XenPorta 1.6 and using the new download to install? It could be a corrupt file.
Have you uploaded the XenPorta folders and files to the correct location?
Because I misread the instructions:
Upgrading from < 1.5.0:
  • If upgrading from before 1.5.0, uninstall XenPorta first!
  • Delete all relevant /library and /js files!
  • Make sure XenPorta tables have been dropped from DB
  • Follow regular installation procedure from here
I saw point 1 as being information, with the next points being the instructions on how to uninstall.
I discovered later that point 1 was meant to indicate 'Uninstall from ACP'

So, my bad. Now I would like to get XenPorta installed again.
I have re-downloaded the zip, even tried on a windows PC instead of my Mac.
I have uploaded all in the upload folder to the root of the forum, so in the library folder I see EWRporta (with the current date) among the other plugins (like EWRatendo).

Because I misread the instructions:

I saw point 1 as being information, with the next points being the instructions on how to uninstall.
I discovered later that point 1 was meant to indicate 'Uninstall from ACP'

So, my bad. Now I would like to get XenPorta installed again.
I have re-downloaded the zip, even tried on a windows PC instead of my Mac.
I have uploaded all in the upload folder to the root of the forum, so in the library folder I see EWRporta (with the current date) among the other plugins (like EWRatendo).
How about trying to install 1.5.9 (download from the history tab above) to see if you can get that to work? You'll have to delete all of the current XenPorta files and folders first, of course.

If that fails, can you install any other add-ons? That would check to see if it's a problem with just XenPorta or with any add-on.

I will try that. (But I had the problem for a while now so I think I already was trying with 1.5.9)

I have installed the 'Install & Upgrade' add-on yesterday, that worked. Also have I upgraded Tapatalk and XenAtendo without problems.

Ohh.. It worked :)
I removed all files (same files that are in the zip). Then removed all EWRporta tables from the database.
Then uploaded 1.5.9 files, and installed using the xml on the server.
Now it's installed. No idea what I did different from last time...

I will now create a backup and then try upgrade to 1.6.0

Thank you for assisting.

Hello, I have a problem with my News Page presentation :

sgrED1V.jpg

Is it possible to keep the default XenForo layout for this page please ?

Hi @Martok,

No error at all?

Check the Block Cache Time setting in the Recent Threads block in the ACP. Switch off the caching and see if that cures it.

No error at all! I tried the first solution and it didn't work.

If it doesn't, try promoting an item - does that work? Does the promotion appear straight away? Can you then delete that promotion?

It works when I try promoting an item but any threads from News Source Forums can't be deleted.

First of all, thanks for providing this great "feature". But I have a small problem I can’t figure out (even after reading about 100 pages):

The index page should be the forum (this is the case)

The blog tab should appear on the first position (this is the case)

Once you visit the blog, the quick navigation should show the blog on the first position (this is the case)

Once you visit the forum, the quick navigation should display the forum on first position instead of the blog (this is not the case)

To get this a little clearer:
lkt5qt29.png

I hope you guys understand what I mean and can help me out.

New error! Help please!

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_35a6_0.MYD' (Errcode: 17) in /home/forocsgo/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
  2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
  3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 734
  4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchAll() in EWRporta/Block/RecentFeatures.php at line 22
  5. EWRporta_Block_RecentFeatures->getModule() in EWRporta/Model/Blocks.php at line 116
  6. EWRporta_Model_Blocks->getBlockParams() in EWRporta/ViewPublic/Custom.php at line 71
  7. EWRporta_ViewPublic_Custom->renderHtml() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 227
  8. XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract->renderViewObject() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 67
  9. XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 572
  10. XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
  11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/forocsgo/public_html/index.php at line 13

My views don't update for the portal:
4vFAp.png

When I actually go to the section it was posted in, it shows the view count there:
4vFBy.png

Any ideas why? The only things I've changed is export files from my old domain, to my new one. Would that be why? If so, should I uninstall then reinstall Xenporta?

Hello, I reinstalled my forum (clean install etc...), xenporta and some other addons but when I try to classify articles through categories, I have an error 500. And it only occurs when I click on Edit :/

What can I do in order to have this thing working again?

Can you add a custom HTML block where you can add HTML code in it ?????
Yes, there are 5 already in the Blocks folder when you installed XenPorta. You just need to install them using the corresponding XML files from the XML folder.

Hi.

I just upgraded XF to 1.2 and uninstall/re-install Xenporta.
But now Xenporta only shows up at mysite.com/portal (mysite.com would show normal forum page)

How can I make Xenporta show up at mysite.com and have my forum shows at mysite.com/forum instead? It used to be this way before I upgraded.

Thanks.

Hi.

But now Xenporta only shows up at mysite.com/portal (mysite.com would show normal forum page)

How can I make Xenporta show up at mysite.com and have my forum shows at mysite.com/forum instead? It used to be this way before I upgraded.

Thanks.

I think this was answered in the thread somewhere, but with 1.2 came an index route:

http://prntscr.com/1sqp9r

This is ours and it works.

Hi.

Thanks.

Set the following for this option in Options > Basic Board Information:

image.webp

Top Bottom